× Members

ESA medical won

More
13 years 7 months ago #25230 by terdun9
ESA medical won was created by terdun9
Hi I just though i would let you know that the DWP have now awarded my son he ESA this has been going on a long time now the first medical was lost then he went back on to JS and the girls at DWP office where he go`s looked at him and said well you dont look fit for work (ha ha!) i know that just because someone looks at me and thinks um you look like you can work dont mean things have not changed for me ie my spine dont fix itself over night,

Well this time i went to his medical with him i just say in the tiny room with him and the doctor and said nothing until the doctor asked me to explian the question to my son because he was asking somthing he nor i must say i was haing a hard job trying to understand just what the doctor was saying. well anyway he has won dont no yet how many point he was awarded because he was told at a JS singing day he had won because he asked if there was any news of it yet.
Question is what do we do now?is this a benefit where he will get any back pay for the time its been sorted out does anyone know please if you do can you let me know

Bless him the best thing to come from this is RBL he told me thay can now help him get a job where the boss will understand his illness. he said that the employer will help him to manage his day or somthing on them lines.

Also a big thank you for the help given on this site and thats from our son also cheers

To Much Pain Will Kill Y ou In The End

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tilly
13 years 7 months ago #25241 by tilly
Replied by tilly on topic Re:ESA medical won
:)

Great news! Congrats!

I was told that it would all be backdated and paid in one lump sum inot my account for what is owed to me (which is a year's money for me - half of the year I got nothing (post losing initial medical) and half at assessment rate - tehy said they will give me the difference to the higher rate for that assessnebt period too). I am still waiting though, despite winning appeal early July.....

I will chase them again... but tehy seem so inefficient....

Tilly
x

• Barkthedog
13 years 7 months ago #25252 by Barkthedog
Replied by Barkthedog on topic Re:ESA medical won
Yes well done indeed.

It is all very well getting it backdated but what on earth is an individual supposed to live on all this time...shirt buttons?

BTD

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
13 years 7 months ago #25259 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:ESA medical won
Jacqui wrote:

Hi I just though i would let you know that the DWP have now awarded my son he ESA this has been going on a long time now the first medical was lost then he went back on to JS and the girls at DWP office where he go`s looked at him and said well you dont look fit for work (ha ha!) i know that just because someone looks at me and thinks um you look like you can work dont mean things have not changed for me ie my spine dont fix itself over night,

Well this time i went to his medical with him i just say in the tiny room with him and the doctor and said nothing until the doctor asked me to explian the question to my son because he was asking somthing he nor i must say i was haing a hard job trying to understand just what the doctor was saying. well anyway he has won dont no yet how many point he was awarded because he was told at a JS singing day he had won because he asked if there was any news of it yet.
Question is what do we do now?is this a benefit where he will get any back pay for the time its been sorted out does anyone know please if you do can you let me know

Bless him the best thing to come from this is RBL he told me thay can now help him get a job where the boss will understand his illness. he said that the employer will help him to manage his day or somthing on them lines.

Also a big thank you for the help given on this site and thats from our son also cheers

Hi Jacqui,

Very pleased to hear your of your success. As my knowledge of ESA is limited, I can't really tell you if you'll receive any back money, although normally all refused claims for social security benefits are back-dated if previous decisions have disallowed benefit.

Thank you for telling us of your son's success, it really does give encouragement to others in similar circumstances.

Best wishes.

Jim

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 7 months ago #25273 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:ESA medical won
Hi Jacqui

I'm a little confused as to why you son was signing on for JSA while awaiting the outcome of the medical, as normally you continue to receive ESA until you get the results.

All I can tell you is that when you pass an ESA medical you are entitled to extra money (Work-Related Activity Component) from 13 weeks after the date of the ESA claim, and it should be backdated to this date.

I've no idea how long it takes for Jobcentreplus to arrange payments, they should be able to tell you if you give them a ring.

Best wishes

Derek

More
13 years 7 months ago #25287 by terdun9
Replied by terdun9 on topic Re:ESA medical won
Barkthedog wrote:

Yes well done indeed.

It is all very well getting it backdated but what on earth is an individual supposed to live on all this time...shirt buttons?

BTD

umm your answer to that my dear is

:angry: :S the bank of mum and dad :( :S :angry:

To Much Pain Will Kill Y ou In The End

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.