× Members

GP letter for ESA appeal, please help!

• RachelPotter
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #29213 by RachelPotter
GP letter for ESA appeal, please help! was created by RachelPotter
Hi, please could someone explain what I need to ask my GP to do (ie letter) for theappeals process? I would be really grateful for any advice, I am seeing him tomorrow and beginning to feel really paniked! Many thanks,
Rachel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #29219 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:GP letter for ESA appeal, please help!
Hi Fedup,

If possible you need to get your GP to write about the difficulties you have with the activities you hope to score points for - for example, walking or standing.

Good luck,

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• RachelPotter
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #29220 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:GP letter for ESA appeal, please help!
Thanks Steve.

• Pusscat
13 years 5 months ago #29222 by Pusscat
Replied by Pusscat on topic Re:GP letter for ESA appeal, please help!
Hi Fedup

I'm just in the process of appealing my decision and I've written a letter to my doctor asking for his help.

I have explained that I have recently been placed in the Work Related Activity Group and that I feel this is wrong as I should have been placed in the Support Group.

I have asked if he could write about my medical conditions, focussing on the worst aspects of them. I have also asked if he would support that I would be too ill to attend an appeal tribunal due to the stress it would cause me and be detrimental to my health conditions.

You could always draft up a letter yourself and take it with you as it is easy to forget what you need to say sometimes.

Hope this helps and that it all goes well for you :)

Pusscat

• RachelPotter
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #29236 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:GP letter for ESA appeal, please help!
Hi, Pusscat, thankyou for your advice, I think I'm just terrified that he wont be willing to help! Will let you know what happens tomorrow!
Rachel

• Pusscat
13 years 5 months ago #29239 by Pusscat
Replied by Pusscat on topic Re:GP letter for ESA appeal, please help!
Hi Fedup

Well I wish you the best of luck. If you have an understanding GP I reckon you'll be fine. My GP is great and always willing to assist when I'm facing difficult things.

I'm actually going to give my doctors a call tomorrow afternoon to check the letter is there and ready for me to pick-up.

I think they know how important some things are.I'll hope the news is good.

Pusscat

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.