× Members

2nd ESA medical 3½ weeks after the first one

• Nervy
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #29862 by Nervy
I have been asked to attend a 2nd ATOS ESA medical 3½ weeks after the previous one.

Does 3½ weeks happen normally?

I got a letter saying there has been a change but with me still getting the same £65.45 as before - so really its not a change. :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ranald
13 years 5 months ago #29863 by Ranald
I think your best bet would be to call your benefit Delivery Centre for clarification, perhaps there has been an administrative error and the letter was automatically fired off and the office are unaware you have already had your WCA?

Ranald.

• pete17971
13 years 5 months ago #29864 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:2nd ESA medical 3½ weeks after the first one
Nervy wrote:

I have been asked to attend a 2nd ATOS ESA medical 3½ weeks after the previous one.

I got a letter saying there has been a change but with me still getting the same £65.45 as before - so really its not a change. :S

Hi,

As Ranald says, do contact the DWP DBC office dealing with your claim. Hopefully this is a clerical oversight or letters crossing in the post etc. If they say you will have to atttend a second ESA Medical it may be worth contacting your local MP or local Press as it is a somewhat ridiculous.

Pete

• originaldave
13 years 5 months ago #29872 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:2nd ESA medical 3½ weeks after the first one
Nervy wrote:

given the time taken to press the computer button, then the computer waits to do a run then letters put in envelopes bagged and collected by the truck full my bets that letter was requested five weeks ago

• Nervy
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #29886 by Nervy
My Mind advisor reckons there has probably been a mistake. We rang up ATOS and ATOS reckoned that it was a DLA medical rather than ESA!

ATOS asked me if i was claiming any other benefits, I said DLA, then ATOS told my Mind advisor that i went to a DLA medical not ESA!

ATOS said they get back to us.

Why is it that whenever you ring up job centre plus/benefit delivery centre or ATOS Healthcare they always ask "are you claiming any other benefits?" Don't the Disability and Carers Service share information with JC+ ?

More
13 years 5 months ago #29890 by Derek4
ATOS/DWP have a habit of disrupting peoples lives because 'there has been a change', but they never say what that change is.

If you do need to have two medicals a month for whatever reason, at the very least you should be entitled to an explanation of what's changed.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.