× Members

Hmmm, is this right????

More
13 years 3 months ago #39050 by nonsmoker2008
Replied by nonsmoker2008 on topic Re:Hmmm, is this right????
thanks for trying :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
13 years 3 months ago #39054 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:Hmmm, is this right????
This ine may explain it better if it is your Income Support you are querying:

www.disabilityalliance.org/f45.htm

Pete

More
13 years 3 months ago #39132 by Rainbowlight
Replied by Rainbowlight on topic Re:Hmmm, is this right????
Erm, I don't want to muddy the waters here, but I do get the Severe Disability Allowance/Premium paid into my hand - or more accurately, into my bank account as extra money. It is paid at the same time and in the same fortnightly payment as my income based ESA, along with the Enhanced disability premium (altho for some reason that latter is called Disability Income Guarantee in this context).

So you definately can get SDA/SDP as actual money and not just as an allowance on HB/CTB assessed income levels.

regards
Rainbowlight

• pete17971
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #39151 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:Hmmm, is this right????
Rainbowlight wrote:

Erm, I don't want to muddy the waters here, but I do get the Severe Disability Allowance/Premium paid into my hand - or more accurately, into my bank account as extra money. It is paid at the same time and in the same fortnightly payment as my income based ESA, along with the Enhanced disability premium (altho for some reason that latter is called Disability Income Guarantee in this context).

So you definately can get SDA/SDP as actual money and not just as an allowance on HB/CTB assessed income levels.

regards
Rainbowlight

May I say you have completely muddied the waters as Severe Disability Allowance and Severe Disability Premium are completely different things.

One can currently continue to receive Severe Disability Allowance as a benefit paid into your hand. It cannot be claimed by new claimants though in very much the same vain as Incapacity Benefit cannot now be claimed by new claiments.

The Severe Disability Premium is exactly that - a Premium added to the calculation of certain means tested benefits such as Income Support, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit. Severe Disability Premium cannot be claimed as a 'stand alone' benefit, but it may increase the amount of your total payment of a means tested benefit, such as Income Support, HB,CTB
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by pete17971. Reason: spelling

More
13 years 3 months ago #39157 by Rainbowlight
Replied by Rainbowlight on topic Re:Hmmm, is this right????
Apologies for the confusion, I hadn't realised there were two things with similar names.

Thanks for clarifying Pete, glad to learn the difference.

But yes, SDP, which nonsmoker2008 was wondering about, can be paid as actual cash in hand as part of an income based benefit, just like the EDP (enhanced disability premium) and this is what I receive. I don't get SDA.

So, nonsmoker2008, might be worth double checking with the DWP on your entitlement.

regards
Rainbowlight

More
13 years 3 months ago #39158 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Hmmm, is this right????
Hi Rainbowlight

If it's any comfort, even though I'm a moderator, I get confused between SDP,SDA,EDP,ESA,DLA,DWP...

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.