× Members

Disabled dad ‘gutted’ after losing Motabilty car.

• originaldave
13 years 2 months ago #43613 by originaldave
DepressedDerek wrote:

Dave wrote:

There is no mention of a wheel chair so he could be walking to the car and from the car to the place of work from the car park at the other end ?

he works in a factory making air con products and the pictures of him on the news pages show him wearing overals too

The article states that the decision was taken 'on the grounds he is able to stand', and says nothing about walking from the car.

I'm afraid I don't see the connection between walking and wearing a pair of overalls.

how does he get from car to work and car to house he must move some how ? the overalls he is waring means he is doing a job my guess in a factory not in an office

that picture alone would get DWP investigators on his case as they in the past looked at peoples IB and dla when they have been seen in clothes that would be worn by someone doing a manual job

a panorama in the past had them sitting in a van outside job center watching people drive up to sign on estate car with ladders on (widow cleaners for cash in hand) white van drivers taking overals off parking around the cornor they commented on the fact if someone wears overals he could well be doing a dirty physical job, he would of course be asked if he doing some wall papering at home

its how they think ....
The topic has been locked.
  • pata1
  • Topic Author
13 years 2 months ago #43624 by pata1
Dave,

With respect, I sometimes feel that it's your intention not to agree with a moderators decision who is a qualified benefits adviser, as I am.

DLA is paid on mobility and/or care needs, not because of ability or inability to work.

One of Jim's friends works full-time for our local Social Services Dept responsible for the issue of Blue Badges and receives DLA HRM & MRC.

He is a wheelchair user, but he can stand, but quite rightly because of his limited walking ability, he receives DLA HRM.

Of course someone claiming HRM and playing several rounds of golf as was recently reported both in the tabloids and on TV, should not
receive DLA HRM.

Kind regards.

Pat
  • kriss
13 years 2 months ago #43629 by kriss
They warned us things were going to get tough and as we have all seen they are with more and more people losing entilement to their benefits. Me thinks DWP are making it as difficult as they can for claiments to see how many give up.
  • originaldave
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #43632 by originaldave
Your post has not been approved. See this extract from FAQ

Posts which discuss moderators, moderation decisions, the running of the site or the behaviour of other members. If you are unhappy with any aspect of the site please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we will respond to your complaint.

Moderators note

FYI, although I don't need to explain, I was trained in welfare rights when I was a Welfare Officer for UNISON when I worked as a State Registered Nurse.

I also attended with my husband Jim (Jima1) all training courses and tribunals he sat on for nearly 10 years, so I also picked up a lot in that period.

I'm afraid if you continue to criticise moderators decisions, then I'll, be left with no alternative but to ask the site owner, Steve Donnison to withdraw your membership for a fixed period, or indefinitely if your disregard for the rules continues.

As I'm a caring and fair person, I'll leave this thread open. However, any further comments which break the rules as are clearly laid down in FAQ will result in this thread being locked.

We have few rules, and less than one in four hundred posts are not approved or deleted.

I hope this explains the situation to you clearly.

Regards.

Pat
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by pata1. Reason: Post not approved.
  • originaldave
13 years 2 months ago #43642 by originaldave
:) He can walk he works on the shop floor in a factory as I thought.... his mp says on his web site that the man

" is only capable of walking short distances."

so the question is I suppose how far ? how long and how much pain ? and at what stage does the ability to do them stop his dla

so if they put on the paerwork no dla because he can stand, should they re issue on the grounds he can walk ? if they think his walking as such he should not have dla ?
  • pata1
  • Topic Author
13 years 2 months ago #43647 by pata1
Hi Dave,

You post wasn't there when I started typing, and I can only type with two fingers.

There is no distance in law that a claimant can walk to be unable to qualify for DLA HRM. Distance is only one aspect, others include time taken to walk x distance, speed and manner of walking, e.g. limping, dragging a leg etc.

Obviously a claimant with only one leg cannot walk as well as one with two legs.....even if fitted with a prothesis.

In the DLA legislation and regulations, pain is not mentioned; it's an ability/inability to walk without 'severe discomfort'. See this link on Disability Alliance's website
HERE

My final word on this matter.

Regards.

Pat
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.