× Members

ESA renewal, which guide ?

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #50579 by Paxo
ESA renewal, which guide ? was created by Paxo
I have R/R MS. I need to reapply for income based ESA and need advice on which guide to read, physical or mental health ? Thank you, x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #50608 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re: ESA renewal, which guide ?
Hi Alison

Unless MS can be considered in any way a mental illness, I think the physical health guide would be most appropriate.

Derek

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #50775 by Paxo
Replied by Paxo on topic Re: ESA renewal, which guide ?
Thank you for your help Derek. Alison x

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #50798 by mayflower
Replied by mayflower on topic Re: ESA renewal, which guide ?
Hi Alison
I would suggest you look at the mental health guide as well as sometimes the effects of MS &/or the medication you take can come under the mental health descriptors.
Good luck.
maggie

• Mr Struggling
13 years 2 weeks ago #50872 by Mr Struggling
Replied by Mr Struggling on topic Re: ESA renewal, which guide ?
I also suggest that you look at both guides. Although MS is probably only classified as a physical disease its symptoms often include cognitive problems including depression, lack of concentration etc. Also any fatigue involved will no doubt make these things worse. You need to check which descriptors (physical or mental health) fit your problems. Then get your GP and any consultants you have seen to verify in writing that they know/ believe you are affect by MS in those ways. Easier said than done though.
Good luck,

Andy

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #51227 by Paxo
Replied by Paxo on topic Re: ESA renewal, which guide ?
Thank you Maggie for your helpful advice. Alison x

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.