× Members

Good News to Encourage Others, I Hope

More
12 years 9 months ago #59152 by KatePL2
Good News to Encourage Others, I Hope was created by KatePL2
We went to Tribunal on 28 April to appeal against a DWP decision not to give my husband ESA for a long period of sickness last year. Unfortunately it was adjourned because they had not seen a long medical report that we had submitted (it was somewhere in Cardiff they suspected!!!)

So today was Tribunal Day, and we arrived a bit early, very nervous and wondering if we could dare to hope for a good result. The Clerk told us it would be a Panel of 2.

When my husband was called in, with me accompanying, we were invited by the Judge to sit down, and he told us immediately that both he and his colleague had reached the same conclusion independently, whilst reading my husband's psychiatric report on the train. He told us that they did not propose to ask any questions, and that my husband's appeal was successful.
:woohoo: WHAT A RELIEF IT WAS FOR US!!!
However, I have to say that the DWP decision was fundamentally flawed - when we received it, we actually thought they had got my husband mixed up with someone else. If it hadn't been so tragic it would have been laughable.

So please, everyone who has an Appeal Tribunal coming up, don't despair - we really thought it would be so difficult and hostile, and we were wrong, thank God. If I can offer any help or support to anyone in a similar situation, please do let me know, as I know how you must feel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #59212 by cmarie510
Replied by cmarie510 on topic Re: Good News to Encourage Others, I Hope
thank you for this...
cmarie

More
12 years 9 months ago #59243 by Tracy A
Replied by Tracy A on topic Re:Good News to Encourage Others, I Hope
My partner has his joint ESA & DLA appeal on the 28th June, I am more worried than he is.
I cant help feeling worried due to seeing how many ill people have their appeal turned down.
My partner has had 3 heart attacks, has angina, severe sleep apneoa and also has a ICD (diffribulator)in his chest, the doc at Barts said without it he is a walking time bomb (his words).
All the medical reports are done and sent in and we are just waiting.. I hate the thought of them cross examining him and trying to trip him up, it's so unfair...
I still cant help but worry.
Thank you for your message I am glad all went well for you both.
Tracy

More
12 years 9 months ago #59351 by penthesili
Replied by penthesili on topic Re:Good News to Encourage Others, I Hope
Best of luck to you and your partner for the tribunal hearing, Tracy. Hope you win both.
Cheers, Pen.

More
12 years 9 months ago #59356 by Tracy A
Replied by Tracy A on topic Re:Good News to Encourage Others, I Hope
Thanks Pen :)
Have two hearings one at 3pm amd one at 3.40
Will post on outcome when we get back on the 28th.
Tracy

• justjuls
12 years 9 months ago #60210 by justjuls
Replied by justjuls on topic Re:Good News to Encourage Others, I Hope
How wonderful for you Kate, I am so pleased. You must feel like celebrating! I have been on ESA for over a year now, and still no date for my hearing, but Trib Service say within 3 months. I sent in 30 pages of evidence; but that means nothing unless you have sensible, understanding people on the panel as you had. I hope I am as fortunate....
Thanks for offering your support. We need all we can get against this 'lot'!
Juls

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.