× Members

IB, IS & DLA

More
12 years 9 months ago #60438 by Bill
IB, IS & DLA was created by Bill
Hi all,

I wonder can someone put me right please? If I am awarded DLA, should I let the Jobcentre know about this myself, as I get IB and IS, or will the DLA Department inform them?

Thanks, in adavance.

Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #60445 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:IB, IS & DLA
Hi Bill,

You should tell them yourself. It may lead to an increase of your IS depending on what rate of DLA you get.

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 9 months ago #60449 by Bill
Replied by Bill on topic Re:IB, IS & DLA
Hello Steve,

Many thanks :)

Bill

• welshgirl
12 years 9 months ago #60456 by welshgirl
Replied by welshgirl on topic Re:IB, IS & DLA
Hi

When i claimed DLA 2 years ago they put my award of middle care and low mobility on the computer system which automatically told IS that i was receving DLA my Income support increased without me having to tell them.

More
12 years 9 months ago #60460 by Bill
Replied by Bill on topic Re:IB, IS & DLA
Hi welshgirl,

Many thanks for that info :)

Take care.

Bill

More
12 years 9 months ago #60461 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:IB, IS & DLA
As daft as it may seem, despite the internal interchange of information between DWP departments, a claimant is still under obligation to inform the office who administers their benefit payments of any (relevant and material) change of circumstances in accordance with Section 32 of the The Social Security (Claims and Payments) Regulations 1987.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.