× Members

Support group,no review date?

More
12 years 7 months ago #65355 by Lisadg
Support group,no review date? was created by Lisadg
Hi

I recently filled in an ESA form and had a call 3 days ago to say that I am being put into the support group and I dont need to attend a medical.(I am coming from incapacity and being changed over on the 2nd sept)

What I am confused about is I have recieved today the brown envolope explaining whats happening,,however I have not been givin a review date,so I have no idea when to expect another ESA50 form,is this normal,and I assume I could be called up again next month?

On incapacity i was always given a date it was up for review.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 7 months ago #65360 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Support group,no review date?
lisadg wrote:

Hi

I recently filled in an ESA form and had a call 3 days ago to say that I am being put into the support group and I dont need to attend a medical.(I am coming from incapacity and being changed over on the 2nd sept)

What I am confused about is I have recieved today the brown envolope explaining whats happening,,however I have not been givin a review date,so I have no idea when to expect another ESA50 form,is this normal,and I assume I could be called up again next month?

Hi,

If you wish to know your expected review date, you need to write recorded delivery to the DWP Decision Maker requesting copy of your ESA85A, the DM will be based at the benefits office dealing with your ESA, the address will be on the letter from the DWP re your ESA.

On the ESA85A, you should see the "Prognosis", this will be your expected review date.

Congratulations on getting in the support group.

Review periods in the support group should be longer, best to check though.

cheers

bro58

• bro58
12 years 7 months ago #65361 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Support group,no review date?
bro58 wrote:

lisadg wrote:

Hi

Hi,

If you wish to know your expected review date, you need to write recorded delivery to the DWP Decision Maker requesting copy of your ESA85A, the DM will be based at the benefits office dealing with your ESA, the address will be on the letter from the DWP re your ESA.

On the ESA85A, you should see the "Prognosis", this will be your expected review date.

Congratulations on getting in the support group.

Review periods in the support group should be longer, best to check though.

cheers

bro58

Hi,

I should have said also, keep copies of any correspondance to the DWP.

cheers

bro58

More
12 years 7 months ago #65365 by Lisadg
Replied by Lisadg on topic Re:Support group,no review date?
Thank you for your reply,so the address for the one to write to is the one on the letter i just recieved,which is bolton benifit centre,pittman way..great

Thanks I am pleased I was awarded it without a medical,its the first time,ive not been on one.

But this having no date on the letter for a review is a little destressing,I think they should at least give an expected date to people,as this could make peoples personal conditions worsen with added stresses.

I am due in hospital on the middle of september,and im now thinking as they know this they have only awarded it me till this date,lots of things are going through my head,,I wish I could just work.

Sorry to moan on,,thank you for your quick response it's appreciated

• Catherine
12 years 7 months ago #65369 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Re:Support group,no review date?
Hi Lisa.

I don't think you should really be having to contact the DWP to find out when your review date is.

A few years ago i took a complex complaint to the Parliamentary Ombudsman and one of their recommendations was that IB claimants should be told when their next review is due and the review should be 'timely' to limit the distress caused by the process.

Are other people that are making it into the support group being given review dates?

Best wishes

More
12 years 7 months ago #65373 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Support group,no review date?
Catherine wrote:

Hi Lisa.

I don't think you should really be having to contact the DWP to find out when your review date is.

A few years ago i took a complex complaint to the Parliamentary Ombudsman and one of their recommendations was that IB claimants should be told when their next review is due and the review should be 'timely' to limit the distress caused by the process.

Are other people that are making it into the support group being given review dates?

Best wishes

Unfortunately, successful ESA claimants are not told their re-assessment date as standard, you need to request your medical reports to find the date recommended by the ATOS "doctor", even then this still might not be the date on your file.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.