× Members

got copy of gp's esa113 report, not happy

More
12 years 6 months ago #69354 by greeneyedlad
got copy of gp's esa113 report, not happy was created by greeneyedlad
hello

today i recieved copy of esa113 report my gp filled in.

there is no mention of the strong painkillers & 2 other medications i am on for my me/cfs

in fact it actually states that my fatigue & other symptoms may b linked 2 my mental health problems

should i go back to my gp & ask why he didnt mark down the painkillers & other meds? i dont want 2 fall out with him or anything cause i need him onside if i appeal my wrag decision

or should i just appeal & show my prescription slip as proof of the pain management im on?

my gp told me i probably do have me/cfs but there is no test & as the symptoms could overlap with my mental health symptoms it would b very difficult 2 diagnose

but surely the pain & medications he prescribes for my pain should b taken in2 account

does any1 else have similar stories or advice with their gp or with me/cfs?

many thanks

martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #69356 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:got copy of gp's esa113 report, not happy
As moderators our area of expertise is in relation to disability living allowance, attendance allowance, the personal capability assessment used in connection with incapacity benefits and the work capability assessment used in connection with employment and support allowance. So those are the only subjects on which we can provide reliable information.

You also need to bear in mind that boards like this can never provide advice to individual claimants about their specific circumstances. All we can offer is general information about how the system works. This is because there are huge range of factors which could affect your eligibility and it’s not possible or advisable for you to disclose all that information on a public forum, or for us to ask you the kind of questions that would be required.

We understand that this can be frustrating and that it’s sometimes a question of judgement about the degree to which a question is specific to your claim or more general in nature. But, for our sake and your own it is important that we do our best to stick to giving information rather than advice. For advice about a specific problem you need to contact an advice agency if at all possible.

To find details of an advice agency please see the following:

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/faq/general#help

Sorry we cannot answer more directly, but as we don't have access to your case papers etc, we cannot advise you how to proceed with specific circumstances without the risk of misinforming you.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Survivor
12 years 6 months ago #69359 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:got copy of gp's esa113 report, not happy
May I take this as an opportunity to remind members that eligibility for ESA is based on what you can do, not what your diagnosis is.

If you look in the members only section, you will find guides to ESA that explain what you can score points for.

I'd like to mention that it is acceptable to submit additional information to the DWP if you feel that medical reports they have had have not fully covered whether you meet the criteria for ESA.

Incidentally, the same applies to DLA - it is your care/mobility needs that are relevant, not your diagnosis.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.