× Members

DLA medical on Friday , help !!!!

• kitty4paws
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #70396 by kitty4paws
DLA medical on Friday , help !!!! was created by kitty4paws
Hi all,

I have a dla medical on Firday for my husband on Mental health grounds.

I hope that i can present various reports etc at the medical , has anyone managed htis, how dod you do etc

thanks in advance

( I am DREADING it )

Kitty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #70400 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:DLA medical on Friday , help !!!!
kitty4paws wrote:

Hi all,

I hope that i can present various reports etc at the medical , has anyone managed htis, how dod you do etc

thanks in advance

( I am DREADING it )

Kitty

I've removed my previous answer as it wasn't relevant, seems I can't do four things at once, successfully or even close. :(

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

More
12 years 5 months ago #70401 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:DLA medical on Friday , help !!!!
Hi Gordon

It's a medical rather than a hearing. :)

I won't comment any further as I don't know much about DLA medicals.

Derek

• pete17971
12 years 5 months ago #70411 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:DLA medical on Friday , help !!!!
kitty4paws wrote:

Hi all,

thanks in advance

( I am DREADING it )

Kitty

Hi,

Although you can show the reports to the HCP (and have copies available incase they would like any copies) do not be too perturbed if they do not want to look at them, or they only briefly scan them.

The reason(s) being is the HCP may want to come in with a blank canvas and base the assessment on the claimant on the day from his/her own questioning and findings. Also with DLA it is all about ones care and mobility needs - diagnoses and medical conditions are only really of secondary importance. Also time maybe a factor.

Plus do not forget it is not ultimately the HCP who makes a decision on the claim.

Ideally the medical reports need to be sent to the DWP for the Decision Maker who will be the person making the decision on the DLA claim. if they need help interpreting the reports they can speak with medical services to establish what they mean and the likely care needs resulting from them, or use the Decision Makers Guide.

Pete

• kitty4paws
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #71672 by kitty4paws
Replied by kitty4paws on topic Re:DLA medical on Friday , help !!!!
Thanks for the advice ,

Didnt have a chance to look at them till now,

DLA granted !

Lower rate mobility
High rate care

Hurrah !

Kitty

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.