× Members

Interesting Advice from BCC – But Is It True?

More
12 years 5 months ago #70536 by WSK
I have just had a very interesting conversation with a helpful lady at the Makerfield Benefits Contact Centre which I felt I must share here. I am in ESA SG and on HR DLA. I had called to advise a change of address and whilst chatting enquired when my next ESA50 was likely to come out. I was explaining how much I dreaded the questionnaires and the stress they put on me, not to mention my past experience of ATOS medicals and being moved from SG into WRAG and the subsequent battle to get back into SG - you know the story! The lady was very sympathetic about this and went off to speak with a manager. When she came back her advice was that the next time I receive an ESA50 (most likely January), not to fill it in but instead call the Contact Centre, explain that there is no change in my condition and that the ESA50 is causing me a lot of stress. They will then get in touch with my issuing office (which is now Birmingham, having moved to Cambridgeshire?!) and request that the need for an ESA50 from me at this time be withdrawn. :woohoo:

Is this a new thing? Has anyone else heard of this or have I simply been told something that isn’t true?!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #70542 by Gordon
RatRoom

I am afraid I am very sceptical that when the time comes for you to receive a new ESA50, that any of this will happen.

That is not to say that you should not contact your local office, but unless you receive written confirmation that you do not need to complete the ESA50, you should assume that you do and that it needs to be returned by the date specified on the covering letter.

Sorry

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 5 months ago #70544 by WSK
Hi Gordon,

I too am always sceptical about any advice given unless in writing, so agree with your sentiment.

Still, felt I should mention what I was told just in case this is actually something that can happen so others are aware of it.

Wouldn't it be simply fantastic if it were true! Come January, if I have success in avoiding the ESA50 I'll certainly let you all know!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.