× Members

WRAG Group, No Medical But Contribution Based.

• pete17971
12 years 4 months ago #73052 by pete17971
janymac wrote:

Hi
My husband is in exactly the same scenario- he got assessed without a medical , put in WRAG on contributory and will not be eligible for income based. I fail to see how a man who had as his main condition progressive secondary multiple sclerosis which by defination will not get better but stadily worse could be placed in a group which means that he is thought to be able to get better. His condition has infact significanly deteriorated since we fill in the form even!! We will try appealing, this time through CAB but they said appeals are taking a year, so we may lose it before it is resolved- unless they keep you payments going until the appeal decision is reached.

Hi,

As the proposed legislation stands, ones Contributory WRAG payments will cease after one year, regardless of whether an appeal is lodged or not.

Obviously if the appeal to get into the Support Group is successful any back monies owing will be paid to the claimant.

Pete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #73054 by article
xfactor,

many thanks for you speedy reply. Im amazed to see because of 1 year rule others will lose benefits entirely after the first year.

Any idea when the act is to be passed or debated?.

I think i need to arrange a

1.CAB meeting.

2. GP appointment.. and have one tomorrow.

Not sure what to ask the GP though.

Should I put my case about not being able to travel and sit in meetings to him and ask him for a written evaluation of this problem and others. (I know he may charge me for this) I also have a pshychiatrist and psychlogist ongoing support should I get written info from them aswel?.

Would I send this immediatly to the decision maker or use it in the appeal?.

All this is so frustrating. Im wondering if they have contacted my GP and hes filled in the 113 form, how could he overturn this if this is what has happened to put me in wrag rather than support.

Kind regards A

More
12 years 4 months ago #73056 by article
Pete 17971, what on earth are U supposed to live on if like in my case you dont have any savings??.

1 year for an appeal or more. CAB have had cuts like everyone else.

Ohh this is so not needed.

Some poor people will be so poorly that they wont have the will or the support to launch an appeal.

Its an appaling state of affairs a disgrace and people are getting tarred with the same brush as the real shirkers those with the ' bad backs' etc.

Its really getting me down, I hope you will be OK.

regards A.

• pete17971
12 years 4 months ago #73058 by pete17971
article wrote:

xfactor,

many thanks for you speedy reply. Im amazed to see because of 1 year rule others will lose benefits entirely after the first year.

Any idea when the act is to be passed or debated?.

I think i need to arrange a

1.CAB meeting.

2. GP appointment.. and have one tomorrow.

Not sure what to ask the GP though.

Should I put my case about not being able to travel and sit in meetings to him and ask him for a written evaluation of this problem and others. (I know he may charge me for this) I also have a pshychiatrist and psychlogist ongoing support should I get written info from them aswel?.

Would I send this immediatly to the decision maker or use it in the appeal?.

All this is so frustrating. Im wondering if they have contacted my GP and hes filled in the 113 form, how could he overturn this if this is what has happened to put me in wrag rather than support.

Kind regards A

Hi,

Sadly your GP has no power to overturn the decision to place you in the WRAG.

However when the GL24 appeal form is submitted a reconsideration is always carried out by another decision maker before your case goes to the Tribunal Service.

It is possible to send in further evidence (such as a GP letter etc) which may help in the reconsideration.

Pete

More
12 years 4 months ago #73069 by article
Hi pete,

thankyou for your kind and speedy help.

Should I fill in and send the appeal form before seeing CAB or should i wait till I have seen them before sending in the appeal form.?

I do realise this has to be done within 1 month. Help much appreciated.

kind regards A

More
12 years 4 months ago #73079 by Gordon
article wrote:

Hi pete,

thankyou for your kind and speedy help.

Should I fill in and send the appeal form before seeing CAB or should i wait till I have seen them before sending in the appeal form.?

I do realise this has to be done within 1 month. Help much appreciated.

kind regards A

Our normal advice would be to lodge the appeal as quickly as possible, but this is based on someone failing the ESA medical and therefore not receiving any payments.

As you have passed the medical and are in receipt of payment there is no such pressure on you, however, it is important that the appeal is lodged within one month of the date on the Decision letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.