× Members

How to appeal ~ successfully?

More
12 years 5 months ago #73461 by TCP
How to appeal ~ successfully? was created by TCP
Hello. At some stage I will get a decision made re-appeal against the WRAG placement. I doubt that I can get CAB involved because of access problems i.e. long queues and long waits to see an adviser. No can do. My doctor won't give me a letter of support directly but will send info to DWP when they request it. My condition has worsened since the original limited work form was filled in and I have informed them about this. I haven't had any sort of medical assessment. I went from IB to ESA. What can I do? I have the full support of my family and no doubt they will write letters to help. I'm dreading an appeal as my condition is invisible. Many doctors haven't a clue about autonomic neuropathy. I've printed off reams of info about it off the net inc some from the DWP site!

I did permitted work since 2006, but progress was slow because of nerve damage affecting my hands. I sold very little artwork and I tried really hard over the summer to expand what I was doing and made myself very ill. I was never going to be able to come off benefits and I nearly killed myself trying. I haven't recovered and probably won't. No way could I work outside my home because of the complex nature of my condition which has affected my whole body.

I have been given a date to attend the first WFI and am in a quandary what to do.

Any help would be appreciated.

TCP :huh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #73467 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:How to appeal ~ successfully?
TCP

Attendance at WFIs is mandatory but it is possible to have the meeting postponed or held over the phone.

Try contacting the advisor who will be holding the meeting, their name and phone number should be on the letter notifying you of the interview.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 5 months ago #73468 by TCP
Replied by TCP on topic Re:How to appeal ~ successfully?
Thanks, Gordon. I'll have to make my mind up about the WFI and a phone call would seem the best thing.

I'm very grateful for this site it has helped me so much. It's also a case that you realise that you are not alone!

Best wishes

Trish

More
12 years 5 months ago #73490 by greeneyedlad
Replied by greeneyedlad on topic Re:How to appeal ~ successfully?
my WFI was supposed to be tomorrow, i called today & aske dif i could deffer it or have it over the telephone as i was appealing & i couldnt go to the jobcentre because of my panic & anxiety attacks.

i was told ot to come tomorrow & they would be in touch, she was very understanding & nice.

good luck

martin

More
12 years 5 months ago #73588 by TCP
Replied by TCP on topic Re:How to appeal ~ successfully?
Martin, that sounds good. I shall wait nearer the time and see how I feel. I also need to know if the appeal is to go ahead. It's over 3 weeks since I sent the request in. My biggest worry is that my condition, although in constant pain all over and it is progressive, it also fluctuates. I look well and yet have physical and mental health problems. My doctor knows little about me and may not support me, as I only see her to check out individual symptoms.
I have to travel some distance to a CAB that will deal with me and borrowing money off a relative for the fares involved. The appeal would be 20 miles by taxi. This is all ridiculous and draining me and my nervous and cardiovascular system.

Fingers x'd for a lottery win! :/

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.