× Members

DLA, does anyone here on ESA not claim ?

• wayne
12 years 4 months ago #74647 by wayne
I`ve been in receipt of Ib since OCT 08,and was told I did not need to get further med certs,It was my gp who prompted me to claim DLA as i told her of a recent experience of being bed ridden for 6 months whilst awaiting a new drug(lefludomide)to get back on my feet....I was awarded middle rate care
and higher rate mobility......

I was given DlA until march 2012...... I`d say it may be more common than we think,IB illnesses can very easily lend themselves to care and mobility issues.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #74750 by Blue Peter
Replied by Blue Peter on topic Re:DLA, does anyone here on ESA not claim ?
Hi there
IB and ESA are out of work benefits because you are too ill to work. DLA is an allowance to support your care or mobility needs depending on what disables you, it can be claimed whilst working or whether off work sick. So if you have a permanent disability then by all means get it claimed for as it will be there even if you are in and out of work.
Regards
Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.