× Members

cancelled medical, systems went down

• Survivor
12 years 4 months ago #77234 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:cancelled medical, systems went down
It is possible to get DLA while working. However, if your ability to work means that your needs have changed, for example if you have an imrovement in your condition that means you are able to walk further, this may affect your DLA.

It is possible that working may increase your needs as opposed to decreasing them.

If you do start work, make sure that you notify all departments paying benefits even if it doesn't affect your needs or factors relating to other benefits.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #77236 by debsy
Replied by debsy on topic Re:cancelled medical, systems went down
thank you so much guys, excellent sight. i know it would increase my self worth and wellbeing if i could work. so maybe i ccould talk to medical assesor and explain that im on dla and my main difficulties are my walking and sitting and constant pain and fatigue and need help getting around etc but would like to try to do few hours or try voluntary work to see if i could do it, or would i be shooting myself in foot deb

More
12 years 3 months ago #78362 by debsy
Replied by debsy on topic Re:cancelled medical, systems went down
:S Hi folks, well i attended my re arranged medical after the systems went down and all the distress and anxiety I was put through. I sent the dwp a letter explaining what happened and how i was treated when attending my initial medical, how i was distraught at having to come back for another medical and how i felt i was badly treated etc and that i wanted it logged as a matter of course as i felt i didnt want his happening to somebody else as it is a distressing time. It was a good letter that explained in detail what had happened on the day and how i hoped this recall for my so called lateness wouldnt go against me. Anyway i attended the medical and the doctor was very empathic and helpful on the day and said i had no need to worry as he could see i was in pain and had difficulty walking. He basically reasured me not to worry about the medical outcome. i came away feeling relieved but we will wait and see if what he said to me is relayed to dwp as i read a post from someone saying the doctor at medical had put answers in his mouth when the docyor etc asked the medical questions, which is what my examiner vertually did for me,but when he got his result from dwp he was put in to wrag group after being lead to believe he had passed medical and doctor was supporting him. He appealed and won but im now apprehensive that the same will happen to me even though the doctor reassured me that he would recomend i stay on incap benefit/support group. i will keep you informed.

PS do the dwp normally listen to and take in to serious account what the medical examiner say or advize to dwp.

Thanks. deb

PPS feel like youve all been on a journey with me and waiting for it to come to a safe and satisfactory end.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.