× Members

Rental Income For ESA, How Is It taken Into Accoun

More
12 years 2 months ago #79822 by article
Help please Ive spent a few hours on google trying to find out how rental income is taken into account when in the WRAG group (income based) but cant find anything relevant.

Ive also tried to get through to my local JC P office but as usual no chance, so Ive given it a go but cant find the answer.

Was wondering if they net it like for tax returns ie, 10% wear and tear allowance, service charge for gardening knocked off etc.

Am I right also in thinking a occupational pension is disregarded in full for income based ESA?.

Your help much appreciated.

Regards Article.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #79827 by Gordon
Article

I can't find any specific guidance to rental income, so you will need to get face to face advice regarding this.

With regard to an occupational pension, this should be deducted £ for £, there is no disregard for this type of income.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: rwymanls@aol.com

More
12 years 2 months ago #79830 by article
Thankyou Gordon, do you mean say for eg, if I have a £45 a week occupational pension this is not taken into account in assesing my right to weekly ESA or do you mean the full mount is taken into account?.

Sorry for being a bit thick all the research on google has tired me out.

kind regards Article.

More
12 years 2 months ago #79837 by Gordon
article wrote:

Thankyou Gordon, do you mean say for eg, if I have a £45 a week occupational pension this is not taken into account in assesing my right to weekly ESA or do you mean the full mount is taken into account?.

Sorry for being a bit thick all the research on google has tired me out.

kind regards Article.

If you have a £45/w occupational pension then your ESA(IR) should be reduced by £45/w.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 2 months ago #79841 by article
Thankyou Gordon, I get it now.

Can you actually make a claim for ESA even if you are waiting for an appeal tribunal and you are in the wrag group (contribution based) would it have any effect on the outcome of the appeal if you get turned down for income based ESA?.

regards article.

More
12 years 2 months ago #79843 by Gordon
article

If you are already in receipt of ESA, you cannot make a further claim for the benefit.

If your condition has deteriorated or you have a new condition, either of which you believe would qualify you for the Support Group, you can ask the DWP to re-assess you on this basis.

Is there any risk to challenging a decision?

If you believe that due to low income, you would qualify for an ESA(IR) top-up to your ESA(CB) then you should contact the DWP.

Hope this explains it.

Gordon

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.