× Members

Rental Income For ESA, How Is It taken Into Accoun

• bro58
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #79848 by bro58
article wrote:

Thankyou Gordon, I get it now.

Can you actually make a claim for ESA even if you are waiting for an appeal tribunal and you are in the wrag group (contribution based) would it have any effect on the outcome of the appeal if you get turned down for income based ESA?.

regards article.

Hi A,

Taking Gordon's valid comments into account, it would seem that you are getting rather confused.

Whether a claimant is entitled to ESA, in the Support Group, or The WRAG, is dependant upon the claimant fulfilling the necessary ESA descriptors, as per the ESA regulations.

This is totally different to whether a claimant would be entitled to IRESA or CESA in either SG or WRAG.

This is governed by a claimant's NI Contributions record, and their personal circumstances, and whether they can pass a means test.

IRESA or CESA, is not a matter of choice, in other words a claimant cannot make a claim for one or the other, or indeed stipulate, they simply claim ESA.

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #79851 by article
Right thanks guys. What has thrown me is that when I got my decision ie, wrag group rather than support group the young lady who informed me over the phone said I can send you out a claim form to claim income related ESA when I was querying why I hadnt been placed in support.

Kind regards Article.

• bro58
12 years 2 months ago #79852 by bro58
article wrote:

Right thanks guys. What has thrown me is that when I got my decision ie, wrag group rather than support group the young lady who informed me over the phone said I can send you out a claim form to claim income related ESA when I was querying why I hadnt been placed in support.

Kind regards Article.

Hi A,

A claimant can be in receipt of CESA, with an IRESA top up, just as a claimant may have been entitled to CIB, with an Income Support top up.

Both these scenarios of being in receipt of either an IRESA or IS top up are dependant on the claimant's personal circumstances, savings, assets, etc, and passing the relevant means test.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.