× Members

DLA Success to a degree, but why?

More
12 years 1 month ago #83289 by Bobajob
DLA Success to a degree, but why? was created by Bobajob
First things first thanks for all the help i have got over last few months with my DLA application, I can't say that without this website I would have not got my DLA but it sure has helped me focus on what i needed to explain to the govt bodies to help me get a positive decision so many thanks guys and girls.

I have been given nothing for mobilty which to be honest is a bit of a surprise, but i have been given the lowest level of care for 2 years as according to there letter "I need help to prepare a cooked meal for one person" is there any way i can find out how EXACTLY they came to this decision and what in my form or GP's letter or other medical evidence that made them come to that decision, could it be the fact i'm dieabetic and need to eat half decetly, or the fact i find it a little hard to bend down to use the oven.

Don't get me wrong i'm not ungrateful it's just i don't understand there decision.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #83298 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:DLA Success to a degree, but why?
Bobajob

Have a look at the following FAQ.

DLA Medical – What forms to ask for?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 1 month ago #83299 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:DLA Success to a degree, but why?
If you are satisfied with the decision and do not wish to lodge an appeal, you can ask for details of all the evidence on which your DLA entitlement decision was based.

There are not normally any specific forms to request for DLA purposes, but on your decision letter it should make mention of the evidence used when your claim was awarded eg a GPs report, claim pack etc. You do not have to make a subject access request (SAR) to obtain the requisite documentation, so a letter simply asking for all the evidence that was taken into consideration when deciding your DLA claim should suffice?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.