× Members

Sorry to ask again, I forgot

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #85803 by Lady_in_bed
Sorry to ask again, I forgot was created by Lady_in_bed
Sorry to ask again, I couldnt find my old thread and I do have problems with getting things to sink in properly and have to re-learn things so I know I've asked before but I'm not really clear on what to do now.

I requested a home visit on my form but didnt send a supporting letter or fax from my gp. I got the idea that when they call me to make an appointment for an assessment and I tell them I requested a home visit on my form, if that is then a problem they would give me extra time to get my gp to fax one over a letter to them if I get the right fax number. what if they refuse though?

Should I really get in touch with my gp now to ask her to fax one over rather than wait for a phone call or should I just leave it?
I don't even know if she will be that supportive in the letter to be honest as she hasnt seen me for a long time
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
11 years 10 months ago #85815 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:Sorry to ask again, I forgot
Lady_in_bed wrote:

Sorry to ask again, I couldnt find my old thread and I do have problems with getting things to sink in properly and have to re-learn things so I know I've asked before but I'm not really clear on what to do now.

I requested a home visit on my form but didnt send a supporting letter or fax from my gp. I got the idea that when they call me to make an appointment for an assessment and I tell them I requested a home visit on my form, if that is then a problem they would give me extra time to get my gp to fax one over a letter to them if I get the right fax number. what if they refuse though?

Should I really get in touch with my gp now to ask her to fax one over rather than wait for a phone call or should I just leave it?
I don't even know if she will be that supportive in the letter to be honest as she hasnt seen me for a long time

May we refer you to your (many) previous threads, in particular:

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=view&catid=10&id=84655

where your query was answered.

Pete

More
11 years 10 months ago #85816 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Sorry to ask again, I forgot
LiB

Yes, you can wait for ATOS to contact you.

However, from your previous posts, you have not seen your doctor with any frequency, so they may not have sufficient understanding of your conditions to write the required letter. Therefore I would strongly recommend that you arrange to see your GP to discuss the matter, and that way, when required, hopefully they will support you as needed.

I need to remind you that ATOS are not obliged to provide you with a home medical, and that it is unlikely in the extreme, that they would do so, without a recommendation from your GP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 10 months ago #85817 by Lady_in_bed
Replied by Lady_in_bed on topic Re:Sorry to ask again, I forgot
Thankyou Gordon,

I think I have no choice but to contact the surgery, if my gp wants to see me she will have to do a home visit but I can't risk atos refusing me a home assessment

Thanks for your patience

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.