× Members

i need help and quick, i am about to lose my home!

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #87951 by bongz22
I have had Fibromyalgia for many years now.I also have ME, DEGENERATIVE DISC DISEASE(3 spinal ops) laminectomy, discectomy and decompression.AND OTHER ILLNESSES.Recently i had my I/S stopped and my H/B and CTB.No warning, just stopped!!! On the basis i am in a relationship with my child's father.He lives in the same property and DWP have known about this for 6years it is only now they have decided we are a couple..we are not and do not live as a couple. Separate rooms, everything is separate but i need him to help me because i am severely disabled.It seemed logical and to save tax payers money to claim for one property rather than two.He is also disabled!! i have a young dependant and i am living in poverty, no one i turn to seems to help.I am appealing the decision, have written to my MP(who i have met with..a wonderful person). I have heard nothing apart from the DWP telling me my case has now gone to urgent tribunal through threat of eviction..This has been going on for 6weeks and i am feeling totally broken..Can anyone here help me or advise who can.Thank you in advance...UPDATE AS OF TODAY 18/06/12 Still no Tribunal date.I have my Appeal papers but that is it.No forms just papers and misinterpretations...My MP has been wonderful but still nothing from DWP OR H/B. today(20/6/12) i received my Tribunal letter to confirm they have my Appeal Papers.It could be a further 9 weeks before i get a date..I was told originally it would be at the most 3weeks because of threat of a eviction order..Really feeling low and lost.I get High Rate DLA care and mobility and SDA.This does not cover my rent, never mind my bills, food..etc...Does anyone know who can help me/is there a law against this kind of behaviour.Any advice would be appreciated..Many thanks.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #87965 by Gordon
bongz

I am afraid there is little practical help we can suggest,

You may qualify for a Crisis Loan, see

Crisis loans

Shelter may be able to give you advice about stalling an eviction. See

www.shelter.org.uk/

Have you sought assistance regarding the Tribunal? Proving that you are not a couple can be difficult and the organisations on the following link should have experience of doing this

Where to get advice?

Have you contacted the Tribunal Service to ask for a short notice hearing due to your circumstances? I know they have said they are hurrying, but they may not be fully aware of your situation.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.