× Members

esa appeal from wrag to support grou

More
10 years 7 months ago #108482 by mancsmen
Replied by mancsmen on topic esa appeal from wrag to support grou
thank you gordon and goodnight mods

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #108823 by mancsmen
afternoon guys, am i right in thinking that as i now now in the support group, with enhanced disability premium and recently been given middle rate care that i am now entitled to severe disablement allowance, or has someone given me the wrong information
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by .

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #108835 by

blue wrote: afternoon guys, am i right in thinking that as i now now in the support group, with enhanced disability premium and recently been given middle rate care that i am now entitled to severe disablement allowance, or has someone given me the wrong information

Hi b,

You are correct, and as you are being paid the EDP, then you must be entitled to IR ESA.

Again Disability Premiums paid as a result of being awarded MR or HR Care of DLA are also paid as an IR ESA top-up.

However, just because a claimant may be "entitled" to a DP, does not mean that they will receive it.

It will depend on your household income, and personal circumstances.

You need to send a copy of The MR Care DLA Decision Notice to the Benefits Office dealing with your ESA, querying your entitlement to DP.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

They will then assess you to see how much if anything, that you are entitled to in the form of an IR ESA top-up due to DP entitlement.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by .

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #108841 by mancsmen
i only receive esa and dla payments and my 82 year old mother, who lives with me receives oap pension and attendance allowance as she suffers with COPD, amongst other health probs
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #108847 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa appeal from wrag to support grou

blue wrote: i only receive esa and dla payments and my 82 year old mother, who lives with me receives oap pension and attendance allowance as she suffers with COPD, amongst other health probs

The Severe Disability Premium is normally only payable if you live alone and nobody claims Carers Allowance for you, however, as your mother is receiving Attendance Allowance then she should be discounted and the SDP should be payable, in fact she may be eligible as well if she gets Pension Credit.

I would contact the DWP about it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #108849 by mancsmen
thanks for your prompt response, but my mother gets low care for me as i am not allowed to use a cooker due to weakness of my hands that have a tendency to make me drop anything

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.