We’re running our first open PIP training day in quite some time on 6 November in Nottingham.
If you’d like to attend it’s worth booking early. Because if we receive your booking form before the end of July we will automatically apply a 20% discount, no matter how many places you want.
The course provides a clear understanding of Personal Independence Payment (PIP).
No previous benefits knowledge is required. The training is suitable both for advice workers and for support workers who do not give benefits advice, but who do need a good awareness of how PIP works and how it may affect their service users.
By the end of the day, you will understand:
- the basic qualifying conditions for PIP
- the activities and descriptors (the points system)
- how fluctuating conditions, pain and fatigue are treated
- how aids and appliances can win and lose points
- the precise definitions of assistance, prompting and supervision
- how to qualify for the mobility component on physical and/or mental health grounds
- how the claim process works, including what happens at face-to-face assessments
- how to gather persuasive evidence for PIP
- how to begin challenging a PIP appeal
- the transfer process from DLA to PIP
By the end of the day, you will:
- Be able to help your service users make effective claims for PIP, using detailed and persuasive evidence
- Be able to guide service users through the PIP claim, review and decision making process and warn of deadlines.
Download a booking form in Word fomat
Download a booking form in .pdf format
The training day is also available in-house. Email email@example.com for more details