We have another open PIP training day for professionals, this time in Birmingham on 27 February. There’s a 20% discount if you book before the end of November.
Feedback from last week’s PIP training was very positive:
“Excellent course. Feel more confident in completing PIP forms.” Andy Smith, Futures Housing
“Really enjoyable course and trainer.” Maria Taylor, Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Trust
“Covered everything I needed to know.” Paula Halkic, Lancs & Morecambe MS Society
This one day course provides a clear understanding of Personal Independence Payment (PIP).
No previous benefits knowledge is required. The training is suitable both for advice workers and for support workers who do not give benefits advice, but who do need a good awareness of how PIP works and how it may affect their service users.
By the end of the day, you will understand:
- the basic qualifying conditions for PIP
- the activities and descriptors (the points system)
- how fluctuating conditions, pain and fatigue are treated
- how aids and appliances can win and lose points
- the precise definitions of assistance, prompting and supervision
- how to qualify for the mobility component on physical and/or mental health grounds
- how the claim process works, including what happens at face-to-face assessments
- how to gather persuasive evidence for PIP
- how to begin challenging a PIP appeal
- the transfer process from DLA to PIP
By the end of the day, you will:
- Be able to help your service users make effective claims for PIP, using detailed and persuasive evidence
- Be able to guide service users through the PIP claim, review and decision making process and warn of deadlines
Download a booking form in Word fomat
Download a booking form in .pdf format