The SNP published their manifesto last week. It includes a number of welfare benefits promises.
According to the manifesto SNP MPs will:
- demand the end of the two-child benefit cap, the rape clause, and a halt to Universal Credit,
- demand an immediate end to the benefit freeze, the abolition of the bedroom tax and the introduction of a period of uplifts to benefits of at least inflation,
- demand an end to the punitive benefits sanctions regime,
- oppose any rise in the pensions age, and
- demand a UK wide benefit take-up campaign so people are encouraged to get the help they are entitled to, particularly pension credit.