"Very comprehensive. Very Informative . . . Invaluable." Una Ball, CDAT, Swansea.
"Steve's sense of humour makes an often very dry subject enjoyable . . . keeps you on your toes - and awake!" Liz Angus, Missing Link
The Claiming disability living allowance on mental health and dual diagnosis grounds training day isased on the very popular 'Best possible Disability Living Allowance claims' course , but deals solely with the particular problems faced by clients with mental health conditions - some of whom may also abuse drugs or alcohol. No previous knowledge of disability living allowance or attendance allowance is required. By the end of the day you will have learnt how to:
- identify clients who may be eligible for disability living allowance or attendance allowance on mental health or dual diagnosis grounds;
- help complete the claim packs, including online, interactive claim packs;
- help clients get supporting medical and non-medical evidence;
- help clients prepare for a medical visit;
- help clients access professional support in relation to their claim.