× Members

Government Proposals Form

More
2 weeks 14 hours ago #290898 by Chris
Government Proposals Form was created by Chris
Hi All,

A government proposals form has been created asking for peoples views in relation to the upcoming PIP changes and your views on them.

It's a 6 paged form, and there are some tricky questions, but I'm sure if we all get our opinion on this - then the government may realise what their changes are going to do in relation to affecting people's lives.

forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx...RkZGN1RUQSQlQCN0PWcu

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lesley, KABTT , Evelyn, Wendy Woo, Tuliptrees, C, UB40 Rumrunner, Anji

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 8 hours ago #290911 by Steven
Replied by Steven on topic Government Proposals Form
Interesting. Some questions are a little confusing and I think a completed example would help if at all possible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo, C, Chris, Anji

More
2 weeks 6 hours ago #290919 by den1mon
Replied by den1mon on topic Government Proposals Form
I have completed it but I am confused at the last compulsory question asking if you are an individual or organisation supporting pip claimants.
I ticked individual because I did support someone who went on to reueve a successful pip award.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Wendy Woo, C, Chris, Anji

More
2 weeks 5 hours ago #290924 by Evelyn
Replied by Evelyn on topic Government Proposals Form
I’ve done it. PIP is the only benefit I get as due to having previously worked all my adult life, and working hard to bring up 3 children, I have tried to convey that I probably wouldnt qualify for any of the voucher etc schemes as they would probably be means tested, and I also feel it would be subjectively discriminatory ( two people can have the same disability and have completed different needs)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo, UB40 Rumrunner, Chris, Anji

More
1 week 6 days ago #290948 by Anji
Replied by Anji on topic Government Proposals Form
Thanks so much for posting this.

I have completed it, although I have to say it is the worst form I have ever seen. The questions in some cases make no sense at all. They clearly are angling to want to take money from PIP claimants and give them vouchers or something instead, which is just humiliating, as if people don't know how to support themselves best.

Anyway, I have completed it, added a little rant about the decimation of any sort of early help services, especially for mental health. Not that I think it will make any difference, but we will see!

Anji
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Sheila 966, Wendy Woo, Chris

More
1 week 4 days ago #290965 by UB40 Rumrunner
Replied by UB40 Rumrunner on topic Government Proposals Form
( two people can have the same disability and have completed different needs)

I totally agree, and the people carrying out these assessments at the very best of times appear to be far removed from the reality of how people are affected both mentally and physically.The idiots thinking of changing the welfare system to pay for their incompetence are storing up more financial woes not just for claimants and taxpayers', but the economy in general. Administering these changes to the PIP system will be vast, and at great cost. We can only hope it takes then an age to implement if they do. This idea of vouchers is the worse idea they have come up and unworkable for very many people. People who are diet specific, rely upon Taxis, etc, etc. Have t buy special purpose clothing, toiletries. Sooner they call a GE the better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , C, Chris, Anji

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris