× Members

Tribunal Win - Disability COL Payment Q...

More
1 month 5 days ago #290056 by Steven
Hello,

I'm new to the site - this is my first post.

I had my PIP stopped in early March 2023 and the reconsideration was denied. I made the decision to appeal at tribunal but in the interim, I began a new claim which was eventually awarded at a higher rate (this stared in June 2023).

I did not get the disability cost of living payment of £150 in 2023 as I wasn't receiving PIP on the qualifying date due to them stopping it.

The tribunal has recently taken place and the award was reinstated for the period it was taken off me. I will get this money back dated but I was curious as to whether I'll also receive that cost of living payment too as I was technically entitled to it.

I hope that makes sense.

Apologies if I'm asking something that's been covered previously.

Thanks for any input.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 5 days ago #290059 by Gary
Hi Steven

I believe that you may be entitled, check out the following link; secure.dwp.gov.uk/report-a-missing-cost-...ving-payment/welcome.

Let us know how you get on.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 5 days ago #290061 by Steven
Replied by Steven on topic Tribunal Win - Disability COL Payment Q...
Thank you Gary,

It seems that I need to phone 'that' PIP helpline to discuss the payment.

I will update here in due course - wish me luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, KABTT

More
1 month 5 days ago #290063 by Gary
Hi Steven

🤞

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #290887 by Steven
Replied by Steven on topic Tribunal Win - Disability COL Payment Q...
I didn't get around to ringing the PIP Helpline but I got a call today from PIP saying my back pay would be in my account within 7-10 working days (The tribunal decided in my favour 3 weeks ago today).

On the phone call, I asked about the disability COL payment and he said I am also entitled to this and he would arrange everything on my behalf so this money also gets paid with the back pay which is good news.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966, Gary

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #290888 by Gary
Hi Steven

Thank you for the up date, I thought you should have been entitled to COL but it is not to get confirmation.

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.