× Members

Documents with PIP Appeals

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #290809 by Preferanon
Documents with PIP Appeals was created by Preferanon
Is it a good idea to include supporting documents such as PIP Diaries and GP Notes with a PIP Appeal? Also, when I am supposed to ask how many points I should have been awarded for each descriptor, how do I know how many I should deserve? Is it stated be the side of each descriptor in my Decision Letter?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #290818 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Documents with PIP Appeals
Hello Preferanon,

I am a little confused by your question, so please forgive me if I don't answer the question you are asking.

You don't need to resubmit anything you have already submitted. You can submit additional evidence at any point during the run up to the appeal, but the sooner you can do that the better.

The whole point of the appeal is that you are asking them to consider how many points you should have been awarded for each descriptor, there is not an additional time for that. I assume that you already have an idea of how many points you should have been awarded or you would not be appealing, i.e. saying that you have not received the right number of points.

Your decision letter will tell you how many points you have been awared, if you would like more information about what points are available I would refer you to our PIP guide www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants.

Please do come back to me if this is not what you were asking!
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #290904 by Preferanon
Replied by Preferanon on topic Documents with PIP Appeals
Hi Catherine, I had forgotten about the additional documents submission rule so thank you.

I've been awarded zero points for every descriptor and have no idea at all of what I should have been awarded, should I have been found as qualifying. I presume if I am eligible for a descriptor then I am to be given the full amount for that one? Is there a list of descriptor point values somewhere here?

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #290908 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Documents with PIP Appeals
Hi Preferanon,

You should be able to find a list within the guides that tell you how many points you can be awarded with and for what. Your best bet after checking these is to go to the MR stage.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Preferanon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.