× Members

Change of circumstances and backpay

More
2 weeks 23 hours ago #290928 by Karenda
Change of circumstances and backpay was created by Karenda
I was just wondering if when you put in for a change of circumstances and your pip is increased, do you get back pay from the date you reported it or is it from the date of their decision?
Also do the decision makers always make their decision based on the PA4 report from the assessor or can they disagree with it and change the points that the assessors report has suggested?
Thankyou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 22 hours ago #290930 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Change of circumstances and backpay
Hi Karenda

Thank you for your questions, which I will try and answer.

1) Yes, when you contact DWP and advise of a change in your circumstances, if you are successful then your award should be backdated to when you made the phone call, we always advice claimants to also put it in writing, send by recorded delivery on make a comment on your journal. If there is any problem with the backdate you can then refer back.

2) Not always but the majority of times they will.

I was helping a client a few months ago apply for pip, he had the assessment, I advised him to get a copy of the assessors report which came back with 0's. Whilst waiting for the decision letter we started preparing to complete a CRMR1 form, when the decision came he was awarded standard for both Daily Living and Mobily which he was happy with, he also received the SDP for ESA which was backdated to when PIP was awarded.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 weeks 19 hours ago #290939 by Karenda
Replied by Karenda on topic Change of circumstances and backpay
Hi Gary
Thankyou so much for your reply.
Also this site has been a massive help to me over the last few months it’s good to know people are willing to share their journeys through the PIP process and offer advice to others who are new to this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robbie, UB40 Rumrunner, Chris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.