× Members

No feedback after sending Mandatory Reconsideratio

More
7 years 10 months ago #161156 by Gordon
Onice

Try not to get too bogged down with dealing with the issues raised by the assessor or the Decision Maker, showing that their assumptions are incorrect will help but won't get you an award.

You need to sit down with your PIP2, the assessment report and the PIP Claim guide and make sure that you have given the most detailed and complete answer that you can to showing why you should score points for each activity that is relevant. Make sure that you understand the criteria for that activity, if not ask and be aware that most have multiple elements all of which must be met for you to score the points.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161229 by onice
Quick question re: Managing therapy or monitoring a health condition (for mental health)

Cognitive Behavioural Therapy involves doing "homework" in between therapy sessions. I considered my ability to do this homework, home-therapy - am I completely wrong in thinking this? I scored no points, is this because the following doesn't count as managing therapy?

Cognitive Therapy homework includes things like keeping thought records, keeping positive data longs/diaries,

Behavioural Therapy includes: breathing exercises, meditation, physical exercise, and the forcing myself into social situations in a systematic way.

thanks

More
7 years 10 months ago #161239 by Gordon
Onice

Unless you need some sort of assistance to carry out the CBT you won't score points, see the PIP Claim guide for more details.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #161242 by onice
This is what I thought but was thrown off by scoring no points.

I need assistance from a CBT therapist, does this count?

I will go through the pdf again.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161243 by Gordon

onice wrote: This is what I thought but was thrown off by scoring no points.

I need assistance from a CBT therapist, does this count?

I will go through the pdf again.

I'm afraid not, you would need the assistance to be required when carrying your CBT in your home.

Gordon

More
7 years 10 months ago #161255 by onice
I read that it counts if you need the assistance even if you don't get it.

I know I need assistance to carry out the CBT therapies (otherwise I won't do them) but don't have anyone at home to assist/support me - any progress would be made/faster.

Its funny because the main crux of my behavioural therapy involves leaving my home, this is what I need most assistance with (which I don't have) but it seems that as soon as I leave my home it no longer counts as therapy.

From home, all I have is an online support chat room to go to for moral support but since CBT therapy ended I have struggled to do the things (therapy tasks) I need to do.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.