× Members

PIP form gone for deadline but...

More
8 years 1 month ago #154676 by inmank
Replied by inmank on topic PIP form gone for deadline but...
Now got a home visit for my medical assessment from Capita looming. One question will they look around your home to check things?

Really not looking forward to this.

Rog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #154680 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP form gone for deadline but...

rog wrote: Now got a home visit for my medical assessment from Capita looming. One question will they look around your home to check things?

Really not looking forward to this.

Rog

They may ask, although I'm not aware of anybody reporting this happening, if they do then it's up to you whether you allow it or not, they have no legal right to see anything other than the areas you allow.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #159998 by inmank
Hi All

Have received DWP decision on my PIP, saying I will get standard care (missed enhanced by 1 point, how convenient) and standard mobility(missed enhanced by 2 points) which will mean a reduction in my benefit. Interesting to read other members comments on the assessor's lying in their report. On the Decision Maker's reasoning states " I agree you have difficulties with moving around and that based upon the evidence and observation at the assessment you can walk more than 20m but no more than 50m" so the assessor observed me walking 20m did she?! Interesting. Well my wife measured the distance I struggled to do and it was 7.34m, a small difference, but a significant one as it demotes me down to standard rate and not the enhanced rate. So we have disputed this and asked for a reconsideration. We have also requested the full report, so we can see exactly what she said. I would say that it is vital that you have a witness with you for these assessments. Apparently the reconsideration will take about 8 weeks, and the most annoying part is that I will have to go through this all again in 2018! Especially when my DLA was awarded indefinitely! I just feel I have to constantly justify my condition, which no doctor can cure as per my consultants letter. :angry:
Be careful out there guys.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161794 by inmank
Have got a sort of result from the reconsideration, I am now going to get enhanced mobility, but only for the 2 years again. Looks like they took the measurement on board after all.

So a mini victory.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161809 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP form gone for deadline but...
I guess that's better than nothing Rog.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.