× Members

I gave up so ashamed

More
6 years 3 months ago #205660 by 1967tazmin
I gave up so ashamed was created by 1967tazmin
I did not get p I p from being awarded d l a I was so traumatised I've only just allowed myself to dicuss it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #205686 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic I gave up so ashamed

1967tazmin wrote: I did not get p I p from being awarded d l a I was so traumatised I've only just allowed myself to dicuss it

Please don't beat yourself up about this or blame yourself, making a claim for PIP is a traumatic experience and can effect anyone negatively.

You don't mention when the Decision was.

If it was less than 13 months ago then you do have the option of still challenging the Decision or you can make a new claim, there is no wait time, a new claim will allow you to deal with the issues the failed your last claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1967tazmin

More
6 years 3 months ago #205696 by 1967tazmin
Replied by 1967tazmin on topic I gave up so ashamed
It was July 2016 I was refused p I p I had been awarded d l a till Feb 2019 both on low rate mobiltily low rate care . I did go to c a b but the man who helped me he was good I asked dwp to reconsider my claim they said no the man who helped me then went on holiday so I never bothered to take it to appeal I could not cope with it .

More
6 years 3 months ago #205699 by 1967tazmin
Thank you I dont know if I can go through another claim I did get help from c a b to fill my form in . I never in a million years did I expect the harrowing ordeal I faced at the one to one assessment he treated me disgusting and I was ashamed the questions he asked me he lied about what I had said I wish I had taped it .

More
6 years 3 months ago #205724 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic I gave up so ashamed
tazmin

If it was 2016 then I'm afraid it is too late for any challenge to the Decision.

You will need to decide whether you can manage a new claim or not!

Do you understand why your previous claim failed and are they issues that you think you can address in a new claim?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 3 months ago #205765 by 1967tazmin
Thank you for asking Gordon . I was one point away from middle p i p and lower rate mobility I think . I can honestly say the asssessor lied he said on the report loads of lies I could not cope with what he said on the report he said I was obese he said I could plan a route no way would I have found that place in sheff . the one that hurts most is he asked me in front of my niece how many times I tried to kill myself I said once my nieces face bless her she was really upset how I treated me . On mandatory reconsideration I was told that all the info given was looked at I complained about the assessor nothing came of that either he was a proffensional and I was not . Thanks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.