× Members

Missed out by 1 point

More
6 years 1 week ago #211146 by John
Missed out by 1 point was created by John
Hi
Some advice please, my Wife has been awarded the Standard Rate, to help with Daily Living Needs, she missed out by 1 point for the higher rate, and was awarded the Enhanced Rate for Mobility Needs, she scored12 points so only just made it.
I intend to request that the DWP reconsider their decision, a Mandatory Reconsideration Notice and then appeal to a tribunal if this is not successful.
I have written a letter but would like a second opinion to it's contents as I am finding the jargon used by the DWP difficult to understand and want to do the best I can for my Wife who has had chronic progressive MS for nearly 30 Years.
Does th CAB do such a service.
Thanks
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 week ago #211165 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Missed out by 1 point

John wrote: Does th CAB do such a service.
Thanks
John

You can certainly try them, also, try an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county, lastly contact the MS Society to see if they know of any trained advisors in your area.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 1 week ago #211248 by John
Replied by John on topic Missed out by 1 point
OK Gordon thanks for the info.
John

More
5 years 5 months ago #221270 by John
Replied by John on topic Missed out by 1 point
Just to bring anyone interested up to date, 6 months ago my Wife was awarded the Standard Rate, to help with Daily Living Needs, she missed out by 1 point for the higher rate, and was awarded the Enhanced Rate for Mobility Needs, she scored12 points so only just made it. I informed the DWP that I wished them to reconsider their decision, a Mandatory Reconsideration Notice and then if not successful would appeal to a tribunal. This was duly done and a couple of weeks later I received a phone call, the gist was that my Wife had no chance and there was a real danger that the review would not find in her favour and she would be worse off.
I thanked the lady on the phone for her advice but stated that I considered she had a strong case and that I would pursue it as far as I could. Within 15 mins I had another phone call to say that the matter had been reconsidered and that my Wife would get the maximum benefit.
I suppose the lesson here is if you feel you have a strong case stick with it and hope justice prevails at the end.
Good Luck to everyone making a claim.

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: angel*1, Cat

More
5 years 5 months ago #221300 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Missed out by 1 point
John

Congratulations on getting the Decision revised and well done for sticking to your guns.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @MR

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 5 months ago #221350 by james
Replied by james on topic Missed out by 1 point
Did you get a phone number from DWP or was it withheld?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.