× Members

Dilema - PIP review - going out

More
5 years 3 months ago #224938 by mosala
Dilema - PIP review - going out was created by mosala
My OCD triggers are more common, so I am going out less because I cannot cope with it all. So if I say I am worse and so need more help on journeys, will they say, 'how can you have more help, if you are going out less'?!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224987 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Dilema - PIP review - going out
mosala

You need to decide which of the two Descriptors for Going Out that you might meet, you cannot score for both, so either you cannot undertake a journey on the majority of days, or, on the majority of days you can go out but you cannot follow a route to a destination.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #225272 by mosala
Replied by mosala on topic Dilema - PIP review - going out
e 'cannot undertake any journey because it would cause OPD' does that mean - for the majority of the time OR that someone does not go out at all ever.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225283 by Gordon

mosala wrote: e 'cannot undertake any journey because it would cause OPD' does that mean - for the majority of the time OR that someone does not go out at all ever.

As with the other activities it is the majority of days but assessors are told that if there is any time in a day when the claimant would not be so affected then this would not a day that they could not go out.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mosala

More
5 years 3 months ago #225306 by mosala
Replied by mosala on topic Dilema - PIP review - going out
OK, so I have drafted this, "So, my journeys are less frequent, because of extra triggers, say one day a week/fortnight and no more than two days in one week.
For the majority of days I cannot undertake a journey, familiar or unfamiliar, without assistance, due to the overwhelming psychological distress I feel when I do so and because of the lengthy aftermath experienced at home and also because I am too exhausted to go out more because of carrying out the extra rituals entailed, which worsen my back pain, coupled with fibromyalgia and depression"
I have also said that I need assistance, prompting and supervision on each journey when I do go out, to alert me to triggers, etc.
SO, that should cover me for both (e) and (f) and then they can decide which? Although if I get the same as before, that is 8 points, I will take it and be happy. I only just scrapped in last time point wise, so bit worried.
Please say this is OK. I am have been struggling all day. :0

More
5 years 3 months ago #225324 by Gordon
Mosala

I can't advise you to argue a case for both (e) and (f), they are considered to be mutually exclusive of each other, arguing for one undermines your arguments for the other and vice versa, you could easily end up with no points for either.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.