× Members

ESA awarded support group

More
5 years 3 months ago #225566 by Teresa
ESA awarded support group was created by Teresa
Recieved a letter today from DWP Regards my the form I sent back at Christmas they said that they have looked at my claim again following a recent change
& I have been placed in the support group. & I don’t have to take part in any work related activity’s ( I have been in the support group since I was diagnosed with kidney cancer a few years ago ) so nothing has changed there, but it then goes on to say that I get the Christmas bonus of £10.00 which I have never had before & that they will credit my national insurance contributions whilst I am claiming ESA,
Does this mean that I now have to pay for my prescriptions & Dental treatment, cause my dentist was telling me there is a difference with some of these benifits be grateful if someone could explain what this means for me, thankyou,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225582 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA awarded support group
Teresa

It's not the group you are in that determines whether you are eligible for free prescriptions and dental care but the type of ESA that you are receiving, you need to be getting Income Related ESA in part or in whole, so are you receiving ESA(IR) or not.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #225592 by Teresa
Replied by Teresa on topic ESA awarded support group
Hi gorden I’ve just gone through the the last page which breaks down how my ESA has been worked out
& it says my income related entitlement is £*****
Does this mean that I still qualify for free prescriptions then
Also I haven’t heard any thing back regards my PIP review form which I sent back over Christmas, & there is no mention of it on my ESA award even though they still payed me in jan does this mean that my PIP is being stopped
Thanks

More
5 years 3 months ago #225623 by Gordon
Teresa

Proving it says that the Income Related amount is higher than the Contribution Based amount then you are receiving ESA(IR) and you are entitled to free prescriptions and dental care.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #225624 by Gordon

Headstogether wrote: My daughter is in the ESA support group. She is entitled to both contribution based and income related ESA. Is she able to have free prescriptions and dental care?

See my answer to Teresa.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: David22, Teresa

More
5 years 3 months ago #225658 by Teresa
Replied by Teresa on topic ESA awarded support group
I have another question, when they sent me the ESA50 which I returned at Christmas, I was under the impression that they would be calling me in for a face to face,
Now I have Recieved these letters to tell Me I have been placed in the support group, does that mean they have accepted all the evidence I sent them & dealt with my review & that I can breath again or have I just Recieved the standard letter that comes out every year to notify us of a change in benifits in April,
I’m still blown away by all the form filling & paperwork that I had to gather to prove that I am to ill to work,
Thanks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.