× Members

Medical Report (ESA 85) for Assessment

More
5 years 2 months ago #226353 by Zinny
Family member had assessment for ESA 2 years ago and has now been sent new ESA50 in preparation for new assessment. Can we phone and ask for copy of Medical report for that last assessment (I think called ESA85) or is that no longer possible, or are we asking too late? I know you used to be able to ask for this. If we can - please do you know the number to phone? Zonky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226393 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Medical Report (ESA 85) for Assessment
Zonky

If it is still in local storage then it should be possible to make a request over the phone.

ESA helpline
Telephone: 0800 169 0310
Textphone: 0800 169 0314
Welsh language: 0800 328 1744
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Even if it isn't try asking but you may need to make a Subject Access Request

SAR :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #226522 by Zinny
Replied by Zinny on topic Medical Report (ESA 85) for Assessment
Thank you. Am I right to assume the DWP would only contact the GP after an assessment - not in the run up to an new assessment? If they contact GP would they or GP tell us?
Re SAR: when I checked this they ask from what date to which date info is requested. Should we put the date as a couple of months before the assessment to say 3 months after the assessment to cover everything - rather than just put date of assessment?
If we request SAR - how long before receive it? And if we ask for ESA85 again how long before receive it? Am thinking might be simpler to request SAR.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226535 by Gordon
Zonky

The DWP are most likely to contact the GP after the assessment, Maximus before.

Yes, three months either side of the assessment should be sufficient, The DWP have 40 calendar days to respond to a Request but are normally a lot quicker.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #226557 by Zinny
Replied by Zinny on topic Medical Report (ESA 85) for Assessment
1.I don't understand your reference to both the DWP and Maximus being likely to contact the GP. I am confused. I can understand that Maximus would contact the GP before the assessment. Why would the DWP contact the GP after the assessment - do you mean Maximus give the DWP their decision and then the DWP contact the GP. Or do you mean after the assessment and before Maximus has made a decision the DWP contact the GP.

2.Also again may I ask, would we be informed if either of them had contacted the GP? Is it the case that we can only find out if they have contacted the GP by requesting SAR?

3.- I'm sorry have today discovered we have already the ESA85 medical report. We mislaid it and had completely forgotten we had requested it. There is no indication in it of what points she was awarded.

On reading it refers to three pieces of evidence - 113, Med 3, and PO1D1. What would these 3 items be? I assume if we request SAR we would get copies of this evidence?

4.Lastly we have just sent off the new ESA50. Have not talked to GP about it. Is this the stage that Maximus could contact GP? We did not provide any medical evidence. Perhaps we should talk to GP - though my daughter sees different GP everytime. Would GP give us a copy of anything he has written?

So sorry for so many questions. Thank you for your help.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226570 by Gordon
Zonky

First of all, it is quite unlikely that anyone will contact the GP.

1. The DWP may issue an ESA113 when they have received the assessment report from Maximus as confirmation of the recommendation.

2. You won't be told if an ESA113 has been issued. The easiest way to find out is to ask your GP Surgery they can also provide a copy as it should be added to your medical records.

3. The 113 is almost certainly an ESA113. A Med-3 is a Fit Note but it may not actually exist, we think that the software used to the assessments automatically adds this. I'm afraid I cannot find any reference to a PO1D1 form.

4. This is normally the point that Maximus would contact the GP but as I said at the beginning of my reply it unlikely that they will.

I would certainly talk to the GP to see what support they will provide.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.