× Members

HOW LONG IS THE WAIT for PIP AWARD REVIEW DECISION

More
5 years 2 months ago #226554 by annie
Good evening,

My PIP Award Review was submitted with supporting evidence by the deadline date of 21 December 2018 (sent special delivery). I haven't heard anything since. Taking into account Christmas and New Year, is this normal?

Any thoughts and feedback would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226566 by Gordon
Annie

We have started seeing delays appearing in the PIP assessment process. You can contact the Assessment Provider for your postcode for an update.

www.gov.uk/government/publications/pip-postcode-map-uk

Capita
www.capita-pip.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

IAS (formerly ATOS)
www.mypipassessment.co.uk/contact-us/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: annie

More
5 years 2 months ago #226569 by annie
Thank you Gordon.

You mentioned: We have started seeing delays appearing in the PIP assessment process.
Is at least an 8 week wait to be expected to hear anything following submission of a PIP Award Review?

I live in a formerly ATOS region. If I'm not expected to have a face to face assessment (because of the medical documentation supplied with the PIP Award Review) would IAS still be the best place to check? Are IAS only involved if DWP cannot make a decision without a PIP face to face assessment?

Would appreciate your thoughts.
Many thanks,
Annie

More
5 years 2 months ago #226582 by Gordon
Annie

Eight weeks seems to be what other members have reported.

IAS is ATOS after a renaming exercise.

There are very limited circumstances where the DWP will make a Decision without an assessment being done, this does not mean that a face to face will be required, the decision to do a F2F or not lies with IAS, not the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #226584 by freddey
good evening mods
if this helps, i sent my pip review form in on the 13 th dec 18, i received a text last friday saying....thanks for sending your`how your disability affects you form`. in other words my form is now top of the pile.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, annie

More
5 years 2 months ago #226592 by LauraM
I sent my mum's off in october, got a text about 5 weeks ago and we haven't heard anything since!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.