× Members

Esa underpayment.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226843 by Leigh
Esa underpayment. was created by Leigh
Hi I have an issue regarding ESA and eligibility for premiums..
I lived with my mum due to a relationship break down.
My mum was in reciept of middle care DLA and standard care PIP but my brother was paid as her carer and lived with us.
I received a letter from ESA saying they needed to check if I should be paid additional premiums.
At the time I was in the support group 09/08/2014 till 03/03/2017 On (c) esa and either DLA middle care or PIP standard.
Will my brother living with us (his only income is carers allowance for my mum mean) I don't qualify for the SDP premium as he doesn't receive a qualifying benefit like do a middle or PIP standard?
Thank you in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226859 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa underpayment.
Leigh

Based on your post you are not entitled to the SD Premium, as you have identified you need to be living alone or considered to be living alone and whilst your mother is exempted due to her DLA award, your brother is not.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #226915 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic Esa underpayment.
Thank you for your reply.
They must have made a mistake sending me the forms then, I can't be entitled as everything has always been declared dwp would have known that.
Regards.

More
5 years 1 month ago #226979 by Leigh
Hi Gordon

I only lived at my mum's to October 2014
I have been sofa surfing since October 2014. I made an official homelessness application Jan 2015. I had to leave because of domestic abuse, I have a family justice report.

The DWP contacted me in november 2018 re Income related premiums. It looks like I should have been receiving income related ESA on top of the contribution based ESA when I was transfered from Incapacity benefit in August 2014.

I was in the ESA support group from 01/08/2014 To 01/03/2017 and recieved middle care DLA and then standard care PIP to date.

I don't normally reside with any households I stay at, am I therefore considered as living on my own?  No one is paid carers for me.

Apart from living at my mum's for two months (4 months if my homeless application is used) at the beginning of my claim in 2014. I have been classified as no fixed abode since Jan 2015.

More
5 years 1 month ago #226989 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa underpayment.
Leigh

So complete and return the forms.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #227011 by Leigh
Thank you for such a rude response !! How do i apply for a refund of my membership this site is no help at !!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.