× Members

Assessors Report

• Michelle.garwood34
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 weeks ago #229955 by Michelle.garwood34
Assessors Report was created by Michelle.garwood34
I was originally on high DLA for both components and I am not in the processing of switching to PIP. I went for an assessment on Monday and have just received a copy of the report and by what the assessor has put I have only scored 10 for daily living and 8 for mobility. Does the DM have any further input or does that definitely mean that I will only revive standard rate because the assessor has said so? Do they still look at all evidence I have sent in. She has stated that I only need aids and not help when I do need help and has scored me 0 for planning a journey because I visit family in the car. I don't drive my husband does I don't count this as planning a journey and I get taxis to and from work provided by Access to Work as I cannot go on public transport. Is that classed as planning a journey?

Thanks for your help.

Shell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #229980 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Assessors Report
Shell

The Decision Maker is not bound by the report but they usually follow it.

The Going Out activity looks at three things.

Planning a route - this is primarily a cognitive or sensory (e.g. blindness) activity. You are being asked about the problems you would have with working out how to get from one place to another, you do not need to be able to follow the route that you are planning.

Undertaking a Journey - this is to do with mental health issues such as agoraphobia and social anxiety and is concerned with you leaving the house to go somewhere, they will be interested in the things that stop you doing this. You need to show that you would suffer "overwhelming psychological distress" to meet the criteria.

Following a route - This activity about the problems you would have navigating a route. So are there problems; cognitive, sensory or mental health issues that would prevent you from doing this? This is different from undertaking a journey, in fact, if you cannot undertake a journey then you will not score points for following one and vice versa.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Em1984

• Michelle.garwood34
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 weeks ago #230018 by Michelle.garwood34
Replied by Michelle.garwood34 on topic Assessors Report
I am really confused regarding this planning a route question. I put on my form that I was unable to plan a route to an unfamiliar place and I would need assistance due to anxiety and panic on my own in an unfamiliar place. I don’t have any mental health issues I just suffer with being nervousness and anxiety. Would I score anything from this answer? The assessor just asked me if I knew my local area and she asked how did I visit family. I said I knew my local shops at the bottom of my road and that my husband drove me to family as I don’t drive.

Thank you for your help.

Shell

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #230029 by Gordon
Shell

Your terminology is wrong, see my previous post, so what you are describing if Following a Route.

I'll be honest and say that I don't think that you will score for this based on your description of your problems.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Michelle.garwood34
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 weeks ago #230034 by Michelle.garwood34
Replied by Michelle.garwood34 on topic Assessors Report
Hi Gordon,

I didn’t actually put on the form that I didn’t have mental health issues just that I couldn’t follow a route to an unfamiliar place on my own due to the anxiety and panic this would cause me. I have a condition called POTS which causes sudden tachycardia, breathlessness and dizziness and is worse when anxious so would also not feel safe in unfamiliar place on my own. Is this still incorrect terminology?

Thanks for your help again.

Shell

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #230036 by Gordon
Shell

To meet the criteria as you do not mention any cognitive or sensory issues you would need to suffer Overwhelming Psychological Distress and as a result of the OPD would be unable to continue following the route.

I'm afraid, anxiety and panic are not terms that are considered to be consistent with OPD.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.