× Members

Appeal advice - after MR

More
4 years 11 months ago #231334 by SLW
Appeal advice - after MR was created by SLW
Got my MR letter today and the original decision of 2 points still stands. When preparing for the appeal do we mention the MR or concentrate solely on the HP's assessment?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231336 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Appeal advice - after MR
Hi SLW

If you wish to submit an appeal you can follow the link below to the guides which will help you. You are challenging the original assessment and the fact that nothing was changed at the MR stage. Remember you want to show why you think you meet the criteria.

How to submit an appeal

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #231338 by SLW
Replied by SLW on topic Appeal advice - after MR
Even if there are comments made on the MR that we don't agree with? For example that we have only provided clinical evidence. Surely they realise that GP's are not willing to provide anything other that that?

Thanks,
Sarah

More
4 years 11 months ago #231339 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Appeal advice - after MR
HI SLW

The guide will run you through it and as I said you are challenging that nothing was changed at the MR stage (which will also be their comments and reasons).

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #231365 by Sarah Martin
Replied by Sarah Martin on topic Appeal advice - after MR
Further and in addition. It’s functional evidence that counts here. Further Check the qualifications of the assessor. The appeal papers will tell you their qualifications. It might be you can challenge their ability to make a functional assessment of you. This is a point of law, so if not considered by the appeal panel in their reasoning this point only can be appealed to the UT. It usually is considered in the FTT reasoning because they are used to covering every eventuality. But you never know
The following user(s) said Thank You: SLW

More
4 years 11 months ago #231370 by SLW
Replied by SLW on topic Appeal advice - after MR
BIS

I am aware of the guides you provide, and I know how to submit an appeal. However the guide won't answer my question.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.