× Members

From support group to wrag

More
4 years 11 months ago #231585 by Nanadi10
From support group to wrag was created by Nanadi10
Received a letter saying after medical assessment moved from support group to wrag....do they contact me to go to jobcentre to see work coach or do I contact them? Letter doesn’t really say much and lastly if I don’t attend do I loose all benefit or part? Thanks in advance for reading.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231595 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic From support group to wrag
Nanadi

They will contact you.

If you fail to attend or participate in a mandatory activity then your ESA can be sanctioned by the removal of the Personal Allowance, the sanction will stay in place until the activity is completed plus a penalty period.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nanadi10

More
4 years 11 months ago #231600 by Nanadi10
Replied by Nanadi10 on topic From support group to wrag
Hi Gordon
Sorry to sound ignorant what is Personal Allowance as you say they can remove this and lastly if I don’t agree with being moved from support to wrag what do I do about this? Thanks in advance

More
4 years 11 months ago #231602 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic From support group to wrag
Nanadi

So your ESA is made up of a number of components;

- The Personal Allowance, currently £73.10
- WRAG component - £29.05

plus any Premiums that you are eligible for.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #231626 by Nanadi10
Hi Gordon,
Thanks for your advice if the £73 is removed will the £29 continue for the 52 weeks?

Plus am I allowed to write to them to ask for them to reconsider placing me back I support group, I don’t have any further supporting evidence as consultant has said can’t do anymore it’s a case of managing pain to try and keep lower, if I write will the wrag payment continue till I hear back?
Thanks in advance sorry to ask so much but this is new to me.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231642 by Nanadi10
Hi Gordon
I sent another question (apologies for asking so much) but just to ask if you received it? If not I’ll send again. Thanks in advance :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.