× Members

gp letter

More
4 years 10 months ago #232987 by mandyh
gp letter was created by mandyh
hi Gordon, im writing a letter to my husbands gps as they are new gps they do not no my husbands home life and everyday needs , his old doctor new him as a patient and on a personnel level , so im trying to put them in the picture sort of thing so would my letter go on his file , any advice would be appreciated , thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232995 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic gp letter
Mandy

Have you spoken to the new GP about the best way to bring them up to speed?

You could provide them with a copy of his last claim form or if you think that this is too long then a precised version in a letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #233004 by mandyh
Replied by mandyh on topic gp letter
I havnt got his last claim form as it was over 10 yrs ago and he was awarded indefinite , as every one else never thought they would change the system , I have tried to speak with one doctor were I took your gp papers and he would not fill them in saying they did not have DWP on them and that he would receive the relevant papers of the dwp , when I seen his other doctor last week along with my husband we tried to explain things to him and he said to much information for one consultation , I then said can I put it in writing and he said yes . we are seeing him again on Thursday evening and I was going to present him with a letter of my husband home life and needs , will they put it on file or not except it , in which case we were just fobbed off so how do I get the support and help from my husbands new doctors to help his pip claim , I just seem to be hitting a wall all the time ,

More
4 years 10 months ago #233007 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic gp letter
Mandy

If they have asked you to write them then I can't see why they would not accept the letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #233024 by MrFibro
Replied by MrFibro on topic gp letter
Hi Mandyh,

I had a similar dilemma a few years back with my own GP. My GP at that time knew me pretty much inside out medically that is.

That GP left and I was out on a limb, and was very stressed out, having to now look at my practice for a new reliable GP.

I ended up seeing a GP who incidentely is now my appointed GP for over 2 years now.

So what I did I introduced myself by way and means of booking up a double appointment.

prior to my dbl booked appointment, i managed to type out a letter to my new GPexplaining to him my reason/s writing to him. ie my old GP had years of knowledge of myself and treating me, and therefore the letter contents to him underline and go into some details about my illnesses, disabilities, and how they affect my daily life, and the support i need.

This i sent to the surgery, they passed it on to the new GP, GP read it, and had then some updated knowledge of myself.

I had the appointment, i brought him upto speed, and we discussed my physical and mental health issues.

I expxlained my being on benefits and the continous re-assesments i have to go gthrough in order to survive.

The GP said he would help me as best and as much as he could, and would support me as far as the DWP goes.

Now all i do is visit my GP, discuss my health, explain to him i am being re-assessed, and can he do me a letter of support, so i can send this of to the DWP / ESA maximus people, with all relevent evidences etc.

Incidently thanks to my new GP just like my old GP i was placed in the SG. That was over two years ago. i now await my new re-assessment esa50 form, which is overdue by 1 month now.

But this time like last time round, i have support update letter from GP, which is relevant to my re-assessment.

I wish you luck.

regards to all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk, AlexBloomsbury, ivyfox, Paul PIP

More
4 years 10 months ago #233073 by MrFibro
Replied by MrFibro on topic gp letter
Hi to all,

I forgot to mention that my GP did not charge me for a letter of support over 2 years ago. The GP waivered it. But on this more recent occasion a few backs my GP explained to me that I would have to pay a fee, which incidentally was £20.00 twenty quid only.

This was to cover the cost of administration ie GP dictating on dictatephone, and GP'S Medical secretaries having to convert the dictation in the form of a typed out letter.

I find the £20.00 fee for this service was more than reasonable, as its a personal request by myself asking a professional GP to write me letter of support.

I understand for some if not for many £20 quid is a lot, but it's worth it as it's good evidence, relevant to your own health circumstancs.

ps.. i cannot say how much other GP's surgeries up and down the country charge . It could well be that it varies.

Kind regards to all and good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.