× Members

Starting a Pip Claim Telephone Pip 1 Form

More
1 month 1 week ago #289759 by Navigator
Hi everyone,

Can you help,

Is the inital starting a PIP claim over the telephone and providing your details a part of the decision process, and is it recorded?

My reason for asking is a friend I helped to claim for PIP has recived a decision letter, and under the "my Decision" it states - Informal Observations made during telephone assessment? Is this refering to the Starting a PIP claim Call?

As the (HP) is refering to it as if she was the one on the phone at the time?

Using statements such as: "You compleated the assessment without assistance?" "You showed a good insight into your conditions." "No issues with communication were noted, and no questions needed to be rephrased or simplified?

So I have to ask, is the decision letter signed by the (HP) who carried out the face to face assessment, or is it signed by someone else, as only a name is given, with no reference is made to their position, or who they are?

I find the commment "you showed a good insight into your conditions", to be condersending, as anyone who has lived with their condition for years, you would expect them to have a good insight into it.

Kind regards
Navigator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289770 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Starting a Pip Claim Telephone Pip 1 Form
Hi Navigator,

The first call is usually for the PIP enquiry line to obtain the details in order to get the form sent out to you, so that you can start filling it in, ready to be assessed.

The decision letter is usually signed by the HCP completing the assessment, however, their names are usually crossed out I find, but in my case, I contacted my UC workcoach, who told me the name of the assessor, as if it's UC related, they can see it on their screens. Not sure about PIP one however. It is blocked out usually, but where you would obtain the name, I've no idea. The assessor usually tells you their first name, and that's it. Maybe's this is due to data protection or because they get so much wrong, there's a chance that they could be threatened from certain people. Maybe any other claimants can further elaborate on this for you.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

More
1 month 6 days ago #289797 by Navigator
Replied by Navigator on topic Starting a Pip Claim Telephone Pip 1 Form
Hi chris thanks for your reply.

The only telephone interaction was the initial PIP enquiry line to give the details in order to get the form sent out, so that you can start filling it in, ready to be assessed.

There was no Telephone assessment?
If this is an error or a cut and paste mistake by the (HP) by refering to something that never happened I can use this in the Appeal.

But if she is refering to the PIP enquiry line call, should this have been used? or should it not be used as a part of the assessment.

As claimants need to be made aware that even what you say on the PIP enquiry line can be used against you?

If anyone can give an answer to this, I would appreciate it
Navigator

More
1 month 6 days ago #289803 by BIS
Hi Navigator

The person who answers the phone on an initial claim is a call handler - who asks the standard questions. I can't think for a moment that they made any comment about that call. Can I prove it? No, but it is far more likely to be a cut-and-paste job and has forgotten they did not speak to your friend.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C, Chris

More
1 month 6 days ago #289821 by Navigator
Replied by Navigator on topic Starting a Pip Claim Telephone Pip 1 Form
Thanks Bis,

I was thinking the same thing, I have the non telephone assessment and other things to appeal with, so will go with it as the (HP's) mistake, hopefully it will prove to be correct on my part.
Navigator

More
1 month 4 days ago - 1 month 4 days ago #289834 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Starting a Pip Claim Telephone Pip 1 Form
N

Just to clarify.

The initial claim is made to the DWP PIP Claim line and is answered by a DWP employee, this is not part of the assessment process.

Informal observations are made during an assessment, whether this was an in-person assessment, a video call or a telephone one.

The assessor does not sign the Decision Letter but rather the assessment report, a PA4 where an assessment was made, or a PA3 for a paper one, although it would be difficult to see how IOs could be noted in the latter.

Gordon

Last edit: 1 month 4 days ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.