× Members

DLA ASSESSMENT

More
1 month 1 week ago #290008 by wazee89
DLA ASSESSMENT was created by wazee89
I m applying for the DLA renewal of my daughter and am confused if she has to undergo a medical assessment or PIP like assessment????
How does the renewal process look like?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #290020 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic DLA ASSESSMENT
Hi wazee89

Everyone gets assessed - it just depends on the type of assessment - face-to-face, telephone, video or paper-based. I can't tell you what they may choose - though only limited face-to-face assessments are being conducted. If it is a telephone or video assessment you can read about the sorts of questions that would be asked benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/dla

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #290764 by wazee89
Replied by wazee89 on topic DLA ASSESSMENT
Do they actually do assessments on children? I wasnt aware they do that? i thought they do paper based assessments.

Arent assessments only for PIP?

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #290776 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic DLA ASSESSMENT
Hi wazee89,

You can be assessed for other benefit type payments as well, such as Universal Credit for example, when you are applying to be in the LCW or LCWRA support groups.
DLA can be claimed according to Gov.UK website up until the age of 16, which then must be referred to an application for PIP.

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

More
2 weeks 23 hours ago #290953 by wazee89
Replied by wazee89 on topic DLA ASSESSMENT
Thanks Chris but the question remain.
DO DWP ask Capita to do a telephone/video/in person interview of the child for their DLA renewal who is only 13 years old???

More
1 week 6 days ago #290968 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic DLA ASSESSMENT
Hi wazee89,

I am not sure tbh in relation to under 16's. I would imagine it's up to the parent or guardian to decide, but I've approved your post, and hopefully someone can answer your question indefinitely.

Chris.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.