× Members

Incontinence -ESA form

• Survivor
13 years 7 months ago #27447 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:Incontinence -ESA form

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tilly
  • Topic Author
13 years 7 months ago #27449 by tilly
Replied by tilly on topic Re:Incontinence -ESA form
Hi - I got one of the Can't wait cards from the Interstitial cystitis support groups - but it not one with photo and is just a credit card sized printed standard one.... I do worry that these standard issued ones may not carry much weight. Where I have tried to use the disabled WC to avoid queues when in my wheelchair (or even without it I have crutches), I feel I cannot go in front of others in wheelchairs! even if it means me wetting myself or worse!

I wondered if I can get one with photo to look more official?

Love to all

Tilly

More
13 years 7 months ago #27451 by Jeff1
Replied by Jeff1 on topic Re:Incontinence -ESA form
Hi tilly, My hospital consultant gave me a card with my photo(passport size) free of charge. I attend South Manchester hospital. Best Wishes

• harley
13 years 7 months ago #27487 by harley
Replied by harley on topic Re:Incontinence -ESA form
just going back to the point of your incontinence being disregarded at the ESA medical, how can they do this when it specifically asks you on the ESA form if you suffer from incontinence, it's bloomin stupid.

Anyway they wouldn't be able to disregard mine when they transfer me for IB to ESA, I've got the bags to prove it.

• Rosered
13 years 7 months ago #27526 by Rosered
Replied by Rosered on topic Re:Incontinence -ESA form
I thought they were supposed to award you points for incontinence or are they now disregarding that.

• millymoo
13 years 7 months ago #27534 by millymoo
Replied by millymoo on topic Re:Incontinence -ESA form
Hi Rosered

They should be awarding up to 15 points for incontinance i think it is ATOS who are unable to assess (as they dont believe a word you tell them!!!!!) so they choose to ignore it!!! To be elibable for 15 points you need to be incontinant once a month!!! Perhaps the only way they can assess it is if it happens during your medical :blush: !!!

I would be interested to know where i could get a foto "cant wait" card from. I have one from crohn's and colitis but it doesnt have a foto id just my member number.

Mm

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.