× Members

Incontinence -ESA form

• tilly
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #31700 by tilly
Replied by tilly on topic Re:Incontinence -ESA form
Hi Milly and everyone

I have now been awarded a home medical (rather than having to travel to a non wheelchair accessible centre or made to travel really far to one), as I have mobility problems, frequency with my permanent cystitis and IBS. My GP wrote a letter of support for the home medical referencing my double incontinence and need to be able to clean up, etc... so I am hoping that helps. Will this count as evidence of my incontinence? I also have appointment cards from my incontinence clinic attendance, but my urologist did not send me a letter which I wrote asking for.
I am getting teh pads free now from the incontinence clinic...
I hate talking about it and I dont know anyone else who suffers from it - it feels quite isolating.
Tilly
x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rosered
13 years 6 months ago #31732 by Rosered
Replied by Rosered on topic Re:Incontinence -ESA form
I think an additional worry with incontinence is if you do not get into the support group and with time limited ESA and the cut backs in money they are giving to people, how will anyone be able to afford to pay for pads.

I know most people can get them for free at the moment but they can be very expensive particularly when you need them every day.

• tilly
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #31739 by tilly
Replied by tilly on topic Re:Incontinence -ESA form
I am hoping that I get into the Support group... but of course last medical they gave me no point for anything.....

I am having a lot of accidents at teh mo ( in both senses of the word - incontinence and falls!), more than before.... one of my surgeons is sending me to a neurologist as he is worried that all my problems need looking at holistically... falls, mobility problems, hand problems, numb foot, dizziness.....

Love to all and thanks for all the support - it is a lifeline

• originaldave
13 years 6 months ago #31751 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Incontinence -ESA form
Rosered wrote:

I think an additional worry with incontinence is if you do not get into the support group and with time limited ESA and the cut backs in money they are giving to people, how will anyone be able to afford to pay for pads.

I know most people can get them for free at the moment but they can be very expensive particularly when you need them every day.

I spoke with someone today worrried about this matter and he has worked out what to do if he is put into the work group first interview he is called for he will go to with his as he calls them "large pampers" but not change it ....... after a number 2 :laugh:

• millymoo
13 years 6 months ago #31756 by millymoo
Replied by millymoo on topic Re:Incontinence -ESA form
Hi Tilly

Just to put our mind at rest, it was the incontinance that swayed them into putting me into the support group in the end. At the medical i wasnt awaded any points for incontinanceand it was a letter from my dr that stated this and also the fact that it was 1 of the worst cases of Crohn's disease that she had ever seen!!! So the fact that they are coming out to you because of this will really go in your favour. They have no option but to acknowledge it.

I know what you mean about feeling isolated, i feel the same it is really embarrassing and people dont understand.

Let us know how you get on and good luck!

Mm :)

• Pusscat
13 years 6 months ago #31801 by Pusscat
Replied by Pusscat on topic Re:Incontinence -ESA form
Hi

I suffer from diabetic autonomic neuropathy of the gastric system, this causes me to suffer regular bowel incontinence.

I failed my medical and was put in the WRAG. I have appealed the decision as I suffer from many other medical problems too and should have been put in the Support Group.

A loss of bladder/bowel control once a week is one of the descriptors which meet the eligibilty for the Support Group.

In my opinion if you have detailed this on your ESA50 you should not even be called for a medical, but it looks like that's not so. Guess we have to wait and see what happens.

Good luck with it all.

Pusscat

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.