× Members

Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!

• millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 7 months ago #28607 by millymoo
Hi all

Just a brief update!! I am seeing welfare debt advisor on monday afternoon so hopefully i should have a good idea in what direction i am going.

I have also spoken to DWP re mortgage interest rate but i have been informed that i cant appeal the decision nor can they help me in any way and that i would have to find the extra money. Well it was worth a try as i had nothing to lose!! As Helen did say in her post that i may need legal help with this i guess you are right there. Nothing is ever simple when you need help!!! But perhaps this is something that Welfare debt advice may be able to assst me with, at least i can tell them i have tried.

I am on the housing list now. Will update on monday following my appointment!!

Mm :) a smile costs nothing
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 7 months ago #28713 by carole
Hi Mm

Thanks for the update, glad you are on the housing list that at least will give you something to fall back on and more options. Hope you get some good advice from the debt advice, at the very least you can feel more in control when you know what your options are.
Lots of luck and best wishes for Monday, let us know how it goes
Keep strong

Carole

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
  • originaldave
13 years 7 months ago #28778 by originaldave
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 7 months ago #28794 by millymoo
Hi Carole

Thank you so much for your support i really do appreciate it, i dont feel as alone with it as i did. I am dreading going to the appointment, but you are right i will know which direction i am heading in. I will update afterwards. Do you know sometimes i feel like i am swimming in mud, very strange sensation lol!!!

Hi Dave

Thank you for sending that link, i have read through it, it does make very interesting reading. I had already got a lot of information ready to take with me to the meeting, but since reading this i have added to it, some info that i wouldnt even have thought of taking with me. So thank you, i guess i am well prepared now!! Gosh what a god send this site is, its worth its weight in gold!!

Thank you any help is really appreciated!
Mm :) a smile costs nothing
More
13 years 7 months ago #28820 by Blunder Woman
Replied by Blunder Woman on topic Re: Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!
Helen wrote:

I know you can appeal. The wording implies that you cannot appeal but you can.
The mortgage interest rate can be raised if you have special circumstances - so give it a go. You may need the help of a legal eagle btu there is room for negotiation. I know people who have had a higher rate of interest paid for their mortgage.:-)

Thank you.
More
13 years 7 months ago #28821 by Blunder Woman
Replied by Blunder Woman on topic Re:Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!
millymoo wrote:

Hi Carole

Thank you so much for your support i really do appreciate it, i dont feel as alone with it as i did. I am dreading going to the appointment, but you are right i will know which direction i am heading in. I will update afterwards. Do you know sometimes i feel like i am swimming in mud, very strange sensation lol!!!

:) Good luck with your meeting
Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.