× Members

APPEALS PROCESS FIRST STEPS.

More
12 years 6 months ago #73472 by article
Replied by article on topic Re:APPEALS PROCESS FIRST STEPS.
hi martin,

yes thanks for posting that im wondering if I should be a little more subsersive (is that spelt right)and im wondering if they are catching on B@W members are all using the same approach in their submitted appeals.

How to tackle the descriptors without repeating what ive already said and without pro health worker backing is going to be very difficult.

Im worried that my GP will just send a letter covering my incapacity rather than pointing out how it effects my day to day life, but what can you do??????????????????

I cant ask him to put a report together word for as I would submit, or B@W would recommend, hes the pro not me and I feel like a beggar asking him and my other health workers for these reports.

I keep changing my approach day by day. im just wondering when its best to contact CAB, now before I send the appeal in or when and if I an given a tribunal??.

regards A. :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #73474 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:APPEALS PROCESS FIRST STEPS.
Biffer

Historically the Reconsideration process has had a low turnover rate and therefore pursuing this in its own right has had little value. Recently, and I am only talking about 6-8 weeks, the process has been given more attention from the DWP Decision Maker, and more cases have been successful.

That said, our advice remains unchanged, that it is better to appeal a Decision, which will include a Reconsideration, rather than simply asking for a Recsonideration, as it simply adds to the time that you might have to wait for a hearing if the Decision is not revised.

However, if you can provide additional evidence for the Reconsideration, or can show that you have already provided sufficient information in and with your ESA50, there is a chance to have the Decision overturned when the DM looks at it.

With regard to the DWP reports available, it is becoming increasingly clear that there is no effective documentation created as to why a claimant has passed the the WCA, only when they have failed it.

A list of forms and reports is available in the following FAQ

ESA Forms

A Subject Access Request allows you to request a range of documents under the Data Protection Act, there is a guide in the Members Only area.

Hope this explains it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 6 months ago #73475 by article
Replied by article on topic Re:APPEALS PROCESS FIRST STEPS.
Biffer take a look at bottom 2 paragraphs on post 73371 crazydiamond. Im somehow going to incorporate this into my appeal along with examples of what they could have missed from the pros re- to descriptors.

Mind if the health pros dont back me up ie with their wording on theit reports Im zapped.

regards A. :S

More
12 years 6 months ago #73485 by Lavender
Replied by Lavender on topic Re:APPEALS PROCESS FIRST STEPS.
Thanks for all the interesting info on this thread.

Just to let you know - I obtained a copy of the DM report. All it said was that I had scored at least 15 points (no indication of how but looking in conjunction with the Atos report it is probably for mobility). Report went on to say that as a result I am deemed to have LCW but not LCWRA. Then refers to the date the award is from and the relevant legislation - and that is it.

The report does say that the available evidence has been considered, but there is no indication what was available and what was actually been reviewed (other than throwing spaghetti at the ceiling and seeing if it sticks or not). So I will attach my medical info with the appeal just to be on the safe side, although it has already been sent in with the ESA50. I do wonder if the DM even looked at my ESA50 or medical evidence - or just 'rubber stamped' the Atos report.

The lack of relevant info regarding the scoring of points does make an appeal more difficult, as I am guessing where the points have been awarded.

Article - I know what you mean about asking HCP's for medical evidence - the difficulty is getting the evidence in the format that exactly meets the DWP descriptors. What I did at the beginning of the year (before I knew the changeover date) was to prepare a schedule for my GP with descriptors - and a short para describing my current functioning. I will be going back to my GP shortly for a letter, and I will refer her to my schedule and ask her to write me a letter based on her knowledge of my difficulties and taking into account my schedule as she sees fit. I do have a good relationship with my GP though, which helps. As these ESA reviews seem to be much more common than the IB reviews were it may be worth, in the future, providing your HCP's with an uptodate description of your functioning, every 6 - 12 months based around the ESA descriptors.

More
12 years 6 months ago #73486 by greeneyedlad
Replied by greeneyedlad on topic Re:APPEALS PROCESS FIRST STEPS.
radhika

they wont explain how they came to the decision. i personally think that "meets the threshold" means simply i scored 15 points & after that they never bothered to add up any more. i was told on the telephone that it doesnt matter if you score 15 or 50 points, once youve scored 15 you qualify for esa. but of course it does matter in getting into the support group & this is the argument i shall bring up at my tribunal.

martin

More
12 years 6 months ago #73495 by shrinathji
Replied by shrinathji on topic Re:APPEALS PROCESS FIRST STEPS.
Hi Martin,

I firmly believe that they are creating a smoke screen in that they are being quite economical in what they are informing you of. As rightfully pointed out by one of the moderators that the onus lies on DWP to prove that you are not eligable for ESA. So the same would aply for SUPPORT GROUP.

Lets break this down. You have scored enough points regadless of how many (15 minimum to whatever the maximum may be, to get into WRAG. therefore, you have passed the first or a test of "incapacity"!!!!

Why don't you write asking them directly as to why they did not put you into the support group???? I know that they will not explain why they put you in WRAG!!!!!

This will then give you the ammunition/Start basis on what grounds to base your appeal on!!!!

Radhika.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.