× Members

APPEALS PROCESS FIRST STEPS.

More
12 years 6 months ago #73163 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:APPEALS PROCESS FIRST STEPS.
Article

Trying to answer your two posts in one.

It is perfectly possible that the new DM sits next to the one that originally made the Decision, I can only say that many members have been successful at overturning a Decision at the Reconsideration stage, so it is possible.

As I said the GL24, is primarily targetted at the DWP, however, it will be reviewed by the Tribunal panel.

The main difficulty at this stage, and it is why the guide is worded as it is, is the limited time frame for presenting new information to the Reconsideration, which many memebers would struggle to meet.

If you believe you have already provided sufficient information, then your primary aim is to better explain that evidence and why it shows you meet the criteria. The difference may be subtle, but this positive approach, is more likely to produce results than a more negative one, that shows the errors in the original DM's consideration.

The four weeks applies to the Reconsideration, with regard to a Tribunal hearing, you have up and till a couple of weeks before your hearing to submit evidence, in reality, this means you have many months available to you.

Can I just remind you that as you are appealing from the WRAG to the Support Group, the urgency normally associated with submitting your appeal, should not be present, and there should be time to wait for any documentation you have requested from the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #73167 by shrinathji
Replied by shrinathji on topic Re:APPEALS PROCESS FIRST STEPS.
So in your GL24 you should detail why you should be in Support Group and not WRAG???
So when is the deadline to submit further evidence at the reconsideration stage, such as GPs letter, as you made a very valid point that that many members have been successful at reconsideration, so how long does one have??

Thanks.

Radhika.

More
12 years 6 months ago #73172 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:APPEALS PROCESS FIRST STEPS.
radhika wrote:

So in your GL24 you should detail why you should be in Support Group and not WRAG???
So when is the deadline to submit further evidence at the reconsideration stage, such as GPs letter, as you made a very valid point that that many members have been successful at reconsideration, so how long does one have??

Thanks.

Radhika.

The DM is supposed to allow four weeks for you to submit additional evidence, however, I would recommend you make it clear that you will be doing so on the GL24, to avoid assumptions on their part.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 6 months ago #73179 by shrinathji
Replied by shrinathji on topic Re:APPEALS PROCESS FIRST STEPS.
Thanks Gordon for you prompt and clear reply.

Article, make sure you follow what Gordon has just
stated, as trust me i have been on a right merry go round with DWP and requested paperwork!!!

Radhika

More
12 years 6 months ago #73196 by article
Replied by article on topic Re:APPEALS PROCESS FIRST STEPS.
Many thanks gordon.

Radikha im just going to go for it and supply them not only present material but historical along with my appeal form.

I sent a massive A4 pack with my ESA50 migration cliam form. Begining to think its a lottery who gets into support. Throw a dart at the claim forms.

I see my GP tomorrow and my psyhiatrist and psychlogist next week. Im going all out for supporting evidence.

I have everything to lose and nothing to gain, so I see it now as a --it or bust senario.

Sad to see this country as it is now. Those who have dont care for those who have nothing.

In fact they'd walk over you on the street dying and think nothing of it. Even the working classes.

More
12 years 6 months ago #73208 by greeneyedlad
Replied by greeneyedlad on topic Re:APPEALS PROCESS FIRST STEPS.
Gordon

DWP recieved my GL24 on 13/10/11 & i recieved a letter dated 17/10/11 stating that upon reconsideration they had not changed the origional decision.

I was not aware that i had 4 weeks in which to submit additional evidence & i stated on the GL24 as advised by B&W Appeals guide;

"There may be additional grounds on which I wish to appeal, but please do not ask me to provide further details as I will not be able to do so until I have been provided with a full copy of the papers and had the opportunity to try to get independent advice and support"

So iv made it clear that i will NOT be submitting additional info & basically shot myself in the foot & thats why they made such a quick reconsideration rather than give me 4 weeks.

im a bit confused as to why the guides recomment saying this? i wish i had supplied more info & maybe the reconsideration would have been in my favour instead of now i have to go to tribunal.

m

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.